Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Stops Barros In Eight, Guns For Salido

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that is power, punch didnīt look that hard but the dude got fulminated. Miguel Angel decisions Salido no problem.

Comment

We will see how well Garcia fights backing up pretty soon.

Comment

Mikey is soon to destroy Salido and is fast becoming a top dog in boxing today.

Bravo Mikey Garcia on yer win !!!!!!

Comment

Garcia is a good fighter but if he ever gets matched up against Gary Russell Jr he is gonna lose.

Comment

Mikey Garcia is the biggest head hunter in boxing right now. This dude throws no more than 3 body shots per fight, I think he threw 1 last night.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
              I wasn't really impressed by mikey in this fight...i kind of felt garcia could beat salido, but now i'm starting to lean towards salido beating mikey if ever they should fight.
              I have to agree with you. Man, much as i love Mikey, he pretty much let me down this fight. Compubox sayin' he was focussed, but they must not have been C'in' what i was C'in.

Styles make fights. I don't think barros's style was good for Mikey. As the fight progressed, barros lost form n started throwin' wild punches, but that should have been no reason for Mikey to drop his fighting standard.

They panned to R.G. who had to tell his li'l bro to look for openings sayin' they had worked on that n that Mikey should already know to do that. Given the status that Mikey has right now... possible future p4p'er, there is very limited to NO excuse why he should be makin' these mistakes.

Mikey is also predictable in his 1-2-combo's. He uses it in all his fights n last nite, he used it 'til the cows came home! It didn't look like he was improvising or adapting to barros at all... n if he SAW opening opportunities, like R.G. said, he wasn't takin' them.

IMO, Mikey's a little too cautious than necessary n it's gettin' in his head. In one of the slow-mo' replays where he played a 1-2 combo on barros, barros had no choice but to expose his face to Mikey where Mikey could have then used a left-hook, straight jab or uppercut, n maybe a few combinations to the body to finish this fight earlier, but i think all this thinkin' is actually makin' him reluctant to put in work!

To have maintained my FULL support in him, Mikey could have played this card like he did with Guzman(R.I.p.). Counters were on point and he didn't compromise anything or expose himself as a desperate fighter, he only did what was at the time 'necessary' n looked good doin' it.

Love you Mikey, but doggie, you need some work!!
              Last edited by panicchaser; 11-11-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                Garcia is a good fighter but if he ever gets matched up against Gary Russell Jr he is gonna lose.
                Russell would turn Garcia's lights out in an easy KO. Garcia does not belong in the ring with a fighter with blinding speed and crunching power. Russell would land first and land last.

Comment

Cant wait..... Real interested in this one

Comment

I still believe Mickey needs more experience if he wants to fight the likes of Siri. Its good to be patient and calm but he takes it to the extreme. At times he was just waiting to counter Barros without making him come in. Salido would jump all over Mickey and not let him think or breath. Plus the few times Barros did manage to get inside Mickey didn't look good. Even Robert had to tell him not to fight Barros fight inside.

Comment

wasn't impressed by garcia last night. barros' constant movement and awkwardness inside bothered mikey a lot. HBO kept saying he was being patient every round that went by but to me he seemed clueless. everything barros did salido does better. and that was a guy who was afraid of being hit. salido is gonna give this dude hell. mikey won't have time to sit and think for 8 rounds. i don't think he's ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X