Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Saul "canello" Alvarez have his first real fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looked like he was going to be in a real fight with alfonzo gomez for a moment than the ref stopped it in favor of canelo

Comment

Pass his prime or not, He fought Shane Mosley,& in all fairness, he was ready to fight Paul Williams & Victor Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Yes, I think you did. Do the guys making these threads trashing Canelo even read the boxing scene headlines? If they did they would know that Canelo insists on fighting Mayweather, Cotto, or Martinez in May 2013. I hope that's a real enough fight for the thread starter. If they read the headlines they should also know that Canelo tried to fight Kirkland and Williams who both should qualify as live bodies. Did the other three 154 pound champions, Trout, Cotto, and Bundrage ever offer Kirkland or Williams a tittle shot? Hell no. But they never say a bad word about them, only Canelo.
        He hasn't done $h1t to demand a fight with Floyd, Martinez or Cotto, they want to cash out before facing the Lara-Vanes winner and it will not look as bad as losing to one of them(Lara-Vanes), some fan will eat all the $h1t promoters and alphabet soups feed them, others will read between the lines and look at the history of the fighter, Canelo is a fraud until he proves he belongs...

Comment

his just had a real fight back in october of 2005 against some guy name Abraham Gonzalez
          Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 11-10-2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I could name dozens of HOFers who have fought far worse competition than Canelo has at 22.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              I could name dozens of HOFers who have fought far worse competition than Canelo has at 22.
              With 46 or so fights?

Like who?

I'd be happy if you just named a solid 5 instead of "dozens" like you mentioned.

Comment

as I've posted before it's not Canelo himself, the problem is Golden Boy. They don't have faith that he can beat Molina, K9, Lara, Vanes, Trout, etc. If they did he would have fought at least one of these guys already. In other words they're willing to let him get beat for big money (Cotto,Floyd,Pac,Martinez), but won't risk his earning power vs the others I mentioned. The crime is that the scumbags at the WBC has let this shyte go on for so long. Canelo should have been stripped a long time ago. In the mean time fighters are being denied title fight opportunities they've earned in the ring. As long as shyte like this continues, this great sport will NEVER again be a main stream sport!

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  PS Make sure you name guys that were champions at 22 and fighting guys from lower weight classes while you're at it.

Comment

I like watching Canelo and think he is improving but for real his run as a defending SWW champion has been laughable. There was no excuse for him defending against Josesito a career JWW, sure he tko'd Ortiz but how was Ortiz himself a decent opponent for Canelo to make a defense against and this is just one of many examples.

Comment

Originally posted by terriblegabe View Post
                      Looked like he was going to be in a real fight with alfonzo gomez for a moment than the ref stopped it in favor of canelo
                      I had Gomez winning the fight before the terrible stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X