Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Saul "canello" Alvarez have his first real fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    I honestly have no idea, he keeps calling Mayweather Jr, Martínez and Cotto, yet keeps fighting Josesito Lopez, shot guys like Mosley and Cintron, and subpar competition like Matt Hatton.
    I think it's Golden boy protecting him more than anything.
    I actually think Canelo wants to fight the big names which in my opinion is foolish. Apart from Cotto I'd favor them to beat Canelo convincingly.

It isn't like he's ducked anyone, he was set to fight Williams and was in negotiations to fight Kirkland. He would've beat both IMO ... Kirkland in 2-3 rounds.

Comment

LOL at trying to justify Matthew Hatton...

Comment

"A place where black men were scared when they saw me a white man patrolling the neighborhood watch!!".

Never understood race baiting, at least you had the decency to change your location, but it goes to show how hypocritical you are when your calling another poster in your sig a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          I think it's Golden boy protecting him more than anything.
          I actually think Canelo wants to fight the big names which in my opinion is foolish. Apart from Cotto I'd favor them to beat Canelo convincingly.

It isn't like he's ducked anyone, he was set to fight Williams and was in negotiations to fight Kirkland. He would've beat both IMO ... Kirkland in 2-3 rounds.
          Yeah, I mean I'm not saying that he's shit or something, but he still hasn't faced good enough competition. I don't see him beating Martínez or Mayweather, maybe Cotto because Canelo is bigger and heavier.

I don't expect him to fight top P4P fighters yet, but I was hoping for Lara or Vanes, even Trout or Molina, I mean there are a lot of good fighters at 154 and he's still fighting Lopez and Rhodes =/

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            "A place where black men were scared when they saw me a white man patrolling the neighborhood watch!!".
            It's actually a parody of another poster who has this as his location: "a place where white women were scared when they saw me a black man wearing OJ style leather gloves!!"

He's condemning her death simply because she was white. I found that offensive and asked him to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              Yeah, I mean I'm not saying that he's shit or something, but he still hasn't faced good enough competition. I don't see him beating Martínez or Mayweather, maybe Cotto because Canelo is bigger and heavier.

I don't expect him to fight top P4P fighters yet, but I was hoping for Lara or Vanes, even Trout or Molina, I mean there are a lot of good fighters at 154 and he's still fighting Lopez and Rhodes =/
              I agree he should at least fight the Lara - Vanes Winner before he faces Cotto or Mayweather. He should avoid Martinez all together he would get his career ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
                It's actually a parody of another poster who has this as his location: "a place where white women were scared when they saw me a black man wearing OJ style leather gloves!!"

He's condemning her death simply because she was white. I found that offensive and asked him to remove it.
                Offensive enough that you made your own, gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  10charrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    I remember when people were saying "he's only 18, give him time"

Well, he's had four years, how much more time does he need?

Some people have this guy in their p4p lists, he's not even faced a live body yet!
                    This is getting so fcking Old. I used to HATE Canelo for the things he allegedly did outside of the ring, demanding to fight Floyd, and fighting bums. But its apparent that he WANTS to fight the best. The guy wants Martinez and Cotto. Its just everytime he signs a fight, Pwill gets injured, or Kirkland ducks out. I agree he is a paper champ, but he is NOT a ducker. He has not a legit name on his resume, but he is not scared to fight them. That kid wants to fight Martinez BAD. And I mean he REALLY wants to fight him. if that one dont happen, its Golden Boy to blame but the kid has been demanding it so much, that I think their going to have to let him call his own shots, or else he will leave the company.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      didn't I just see this thread word for word.... last week?
                      Yes, I think you did. Do the guys making these threads trashing Canelo even read the boxing scene headlines? If they did they would know that Canelo insists on fighting Mayweather, Cotto, or Martinez in May 2013. I hope that's a real enough fight for the thread starter. If they read the headlines they should also know that Canelo tried to fight Kirkland and Williams who both should qualify as live bodies. Did the other three 154 pound champions, Trout, Cotto, and Bundrage ever offer Kirkland or Williams a tittle shot? Hell no. But they never say a bad word about them, only Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X