Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko make a racist statement about Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
    So that means you are not allowed to use a black person's name and the word "jungle" in one sentence? **** political correctness.
    lol. exactly.

In fact, id say those who voted 'yes' perpetuate the racist notion that connects black people to the jungle.

Vitali's statement didnt mention BLACK or MONKEY. And given Hayes history of getting into brawls and acting like a fool, the only intelligent conclusion is that he is suggesting Haye is dumb and uncivilized like an animal.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
      What else would he mean by it? He could be reffering to Haye as an animal, which might be seen to some as a compliment, but we know he's not giving Haye a compliment. Basically, he called Haye a monkey in a nice way.
      If you hear/read something like that, and the first thing you think about is race...you're the one who is a racist...and I don't mean you personally, I making a generalization about all people. I just quoted your post because you had the "monkey" comment.. If you can connect the dots and interpret that in any other way, then you are trying hard to make it about race.

Even if he was, why couldn't it just be because he thinks Haye looks like a monkey regardless of if he was black mexican white whatever. How does someone looking like a monkey have anything to do with race????

To take it a step further; what is even wrong with looking like a monkey? Monkeys are smart as ****. How could anyone possibly interpret that as being a negative connotation?

What about Snoop? He got his nickname because he looks like a dog; is that racist? Should we not call him snoop anymore because dogs are humans' pets and are expected to obey what their master says? It's the same exact thing but it's ok?

Comment

No not racist in the slightest.

He's basically saying Haye acts like an animal, dumb thread.

Comment

I think this has been lost in translation a bit... The show Haye is going on is a graveyard for wannabe/former celebrities trying desperately to cling to some relevance. That was what Vitali was referring to, the jungle bit is just coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            I think this has been lost in translation a bit... The show Haye is going on is a graveyard for wannabe/former celebrities trying desperately to cling to some relevance. That was what Vitali was referring to, the jungle bit is just coincidence.
            I don’t think so i doubt Vitali knows much/anything about a 3rd rate English reality TV show. He simply knows it takes place in a jungle and made a reference to Haye being an animal but its not racist whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
              I don’t think so i doubt Vitali knows much/anything about a 3rd rate English reality TV show. He simply knows it takes place in a jungle and made a reference to Haye being an animal but its not racist whatsoever.
              Its not out of the realms of possibility that he would have heard of Im A Celebrity, in its heyday it was huge! I think it broke viewing figures at one point... What this says about my country i dont even want to think about...

But your way makes sense too, either way Vitali isn't and has never been a racist...

Comment

Threads like these make me go

TS should be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
                  Fucking ****** gasping at straws.

He's implying that he's trash and belongs out in the jungle because of it. Learn to context.

I feel sorry for anyone who voted yes, you kids must get offended very easily.
                  This, but I expect it was all just a troll thread, although I don't doubt that there are some wankers out there that will deliberately construe it as a racist comment.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                    Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Its not out of the realms of possibility that he would have heard of Im A Celebrity, in its heyday it was huge! I think it broke viewing figures at one point... What this says about my country i dont even want to think about...
                    It still is huge. As far as reality tv shows go this is the one with most exposure. As long as he doesn't act like a total twat it should be a good career move for Haye.

It would be even funnier if they parachuted Chisora in after a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      It still is huge. As far as reality tv shows go this is the one with most exposure. As long as he doesn't act like a total twat it should be a good career move for Haye.

It would be even funnier if they parachuted Chisora in after a couple of days.
                      haha and Tyson Fury, now THATS entertainment!

Comment

Working...
                      X