Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Chris John really beat JMM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys think JMM can't be beaten. He lost to Chris John, no robbery there. The media didn't even call it a robbery. They just said the fight was a lot closer than the actual scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I can't remember how I scored this fight, been a very long time since I've seen it. I don't remember being particularly angry about John winning.
      the footage of the fight is very low quality. it's worse than standard....nevermind HD.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I can't remember how I scored this fight, been a very long time since I've seen it. I don't remember being particularly angry about John winning.
        Same, one thing I'm certain of, out of all the times I've watched it, it was NOT a robbery.

Comment

I remember giving Juan almost every round. If someone posts the video I'm down to post a round by round scorecard. I'm interested to see where so many of us are in disagreement.

Comment

i thought john actually won , jmm was deducted 2 points which is what cost him the fight
            ring mag and the sweet schince scoed it for john

Comment

1st time i watch it, i gave it to john (more active)
              2nd time i watch it, i gave it to jmm (the more solid punches upon closer look).

Close. john started stronger but jmm seems to counter better the 2nd half....very low quality video downloaded from filestube....can't find the video anymore on my drive.

Comment

Not a robbery by any stretch.

Need to do a thread with the video embedded, and have people post their round by round scores.

JMM tried to grab up an easy title and use it to get bigger money in the Pacquiao rematch. Backfired. John fought a negative fight but gave as much as he got. Juan was off that night.

Comment

i have never gotten around to watching it, but ive seen more writers than not say that the scoring was off, but he definately won. why he was in indonesia on ****ing 6 figures in the first place instead of a pacquiao rematch that year is the bigger question than if he won or not. beristain had no sense sending him out there like that. its probably why i never bothered looking at it because it was such a stupid managerial move.

Comment

Full fight in decent quality:
                    http://sosoboxing.com/boxing-video-w...anuel-marquez/

I just attempted to start watching and score it, but I just can't. Its too ****ing awful.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                      i have never gotten around to watching it, but ive seen more writers than not say that the scoring was off, but he definately won. why he was in indonesia on ****ing 6 figures in the first place instead of a pacquiao rematch that year is the bigger question than if he won or not. beristain had no sense sending him out there like that. its probably why i never bothered looking at it because it was such a stupid managerial move.
                      I don't think JMM cracked 100k I think it was like 50 grand and could have been less. It goes down as one of the most boneheaded decisions of all time when you really think about it.

As for the thread at hand, the fight was very tough to score and with the deductions you can have JMM winning but it is easy to see it the other way also
                      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-10-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X