Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF floyd fights winner of berto/guerrero....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont see anything wrong in him fighting the winner, Look the Pacquiao fight would never happen so people need to deal with it or forget about that fight, Secondly the Martinez fight is the one i would love to see but i doubt the fight happens due to weight (154 or 160), The Canelo fight is also interesting but i think GBP would wait for another year before trying to make that fight by which time Canelo would be much more seasoned and Mayweather would be 37 and much more slower etc

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      Floyd is obligated to fight the best at ww, and that is Pac. But Canelo and Martinez are bonus fights, because Floyd cant even make 54', He comes in at 150. Its Floyd's choice whether he wants to give us those fights, but he's obligated to fight Pac. I dont want him to fight Berto or the Ghost because Ghost skipped several classes, and Berto wouldnt be coming off a significant win if he were to beat Robert. Plus Berto's roid scandal will make the fight questionable.
      I thank you for your unbiased opinion, see there's no need for name calling and wailing out.

I agree that Martinez and Canelo (but especially Martinez) are simply "bonus" fights. Martinez is really a MW that wants to go to SWW for paydays and Floyd's obviously a WW that went up to 154 to fight a washed up Cotto.

Bonus fights they may be, but still either one is better than the winner of some crappy ass Berto-Garcia fight. But you are right about Pac, that's who he should be aiming for if not the other two.

Floyd said he'll fight 5 more times, he said he's not looking to fight strong champions for all 5. So down the line I don't care if he fights Berto or Garcia, but he better sure as hell take at least two of the 3 names, Pac, Canelo, Martinez.

Comment

Hey if JMM beats Pac im sure Pac fans wouldnt mind Floyd fighting JMM again.

Comment

**** fight but it is by far a better fight than Pac vs Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, JMM III (@ WW), Bradley I (@WW), and JMM IV (at WW). However Pac vs Bradley II would be more meaningful at WW at this point. Look for Bob to make that fight next.... don't act surprised kiddies.

Now, at least Floyd is fighting guys that are ranked at WW let alone actually fighting guys who fight AT WW.

Floyd easily beats either one of these guys but it doesn't matter who he fights at WW, he beats them, let a lone JMW. If we want to see Floyd lose, it involves him moving up to MW and fighting a top guy who outweighs him and has speed.

In the meantime, nobody at WW or JMW beats so it doesn't even matter who he fights there really. Nobody is great enough and there hasn't been anyone there in quit sometime.

People can cry and say but what about that guy pac? Well the sad news is Bob will make it, but it'll be too late and have nowhere near the fire it could have had back when Pac ducked a 50-50 offer to fight a **** canned losing in house bum named Clottey for a massive pay cut. The other sad news is, Pac was never the favorite which diverts back to the realization that Floyd was supposed to win and cherry picked another smaller fighter etc etc etc. Which of course is why Floyd needs to move up.

Comment

I wouldn't support that fight. I can't go by rankings in terms of the quality of the fight. Rank wise yes the winner of Berto vs Guerrero would make sense. But competition and challenge wise Berto nor Guerrero is a good fight for PBF. That would be some BS IMO. Only way that fight is acceptable is if there is a gaurantee that PBF fights twice in 2013 and one of those opponents is either Martinez or Canelo(only Canelo if he beats the winner of Lara vs Vanes or Cotto).

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
              I thank you for your unbiased opinion, see there's no need for name calling and wailing out.

I agree that Martinez and Canelo (but especially Martinez) are simply "bonus" fights. Martinez is really a MW that wants to go to SWW for paydays and Floyd's obviously a WW that went up to 154 to fight a washed up Cotto.

Bonus fights they may be, but still either one is better than the winner of some crappy ass Berto-Garcia fight. But you are right about Pac, that's who he should be aiming for if not the other two.

Floyd said he'll fight 5 more times, he said he's not looking to fight strong champions for all 5. So down the line I don't care if he fights Berto or Garcia, but he better sure as hell take at least two of the 3 names, Pac, Canelo, Martinez.

Get it through your thick skull man Pac does not want to fight Floyd. Hes already passed on the 2 offers Floyd has made, one of them being them being a 50/50 split back in 09. THEY DONT WANT THE FIGHT. PERIOD. And they dont have any intention of making either as you can already see with Bob Arum already securing Pacs next fight date already. We both know it will be against some small blown up JWW.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
                What will your reaction be?

Me personally, I think that's a huge step backwards in terms of who he SHOULD be fighting at this point.
                It'll be an absolute joke if he does, but it wouldnt come as any surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                  Get it through your thick skull man Pac does not want to fight Floyd. Hes already passed on the 2 offers Floyd has made, one of them being them being a 50/50 split back in 09. THEY DONT WANT THE FIGHT. PERIOD. And they dont have any intention of making either as you can already see with Bob Arum already securing Pacs next fight date already. We both know it will be against some small blown up JWW.
                  Your sig pic and avi are proof enough, but the content of your posts are a bold underline all pointing to the clear fact that you are beyond help. You are a flowmoe for life, a blind idiot. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    Your sig pic and avi are proof enough, but the content of your posts are a bold underline all pointing to the clear fact that you are beyond help. You are a flowmoe for life, a blind idiot. Sad.
                    So you think its ok to pull out of a fight when Floyd offers a 50/50 split? I dont care what Manny says on ESPN I judge by the facts. And when you pull out of a 50/50 split that tells me they dont want the fight. I dont messure a man by his words but by his moves.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                      So you think its ok to pull out of a fight when Floyd offers a 50/50 split? I dont care what Manny says on ESPN I judge by the facts. And when you pull out of a 50/50 split that tells me they dont want the fight. I dont messure a man by his words but by his moves.
                      If you measured a man by his moves, you must be as disgusted as the rest of us by floyds **** comeback. Floyd has a long history of avoiding challenges, thats why he has only 43 fights in a career going back to the mid nineties and only now fights once a year against everybody except the person he specifically came back to fight.

'Floyd offered this, and offered that' Hahaha you must be on acid!

Comment

Working...
                      X