he already pretty much wiped out 168, and 175 is next
    don't see anybody there beating him, maybe Campillo is a threat
    but Ward is kicking ass now and still kinda young
    he has time to do a lot more if guys are willing to fight him
    let's just hope Ward never becomes a superstar
    if he does, the hunger will die out for him

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
      While I am also big on Ward, I want to see how he handles a speedy slick fighter like Dirrell (I dont count Dawson as being in that category.) Obviously I would favor him to beat the more mentally weak fighter, but he has beat some come forward tough guys and pretty robotic movers (for the most part.) Again, I think he is top 1-3 fighter in the world, so I dont knock his talent or what he has done. But before he can be in the "great" discussion I need to see him against some different styles of fighter.
      Away from Oakland would be nice too. I would love to see him fight in England and I think he will be very well received and respected here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        Ward is on his way to greatness
        he already pretty much wiped out 168, and 175 is next
        don't see anybody there beating him, maybe Campillo is a threat
        but Ward is kicking ass now and still kinda young
        he has time to do a lot more if guys are willing to fight him
        let's just hope Ward never becomes a superstar
        if he does, the hunger will die out for him
        All Ward's missing is opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          On revising even some of his earlier fights you can tell he is a special boy, his ability to adapt on the fly is the most vital thing, and it makes him a nightmare for anyone to deal with.

Even prime Jones would have real problems with ward, sure Jones would have success early, but if ward was still in there after the fourth, he'd figure Jones out and start schooling him

Everyone else loses big time, even calzaghe, who I'm a fan of

Ward is going to finish his career with people whispering G. O. A. T

He might not be it, but he'll be in the conversation
          no, just no, jones would school him and ko him

Comment

Mikkel Kessler, Carl Froch, Chad Dawson, Arthur Abraham, Kelly Pavlik, Sakio Bika, Edison Miranda, and Allan Green.

Potential wins/fights against Dawson II, Pascal, Cloud, Froch II, Kessler II, Bute, Chavez Jr, Golovkin, Cleverly, Bellew.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
              no, just no, jones would school him and ko him
              Jones's inside game didn't look so flash against John Ruiz. In a potential bout with Ward much would depend on the ref.

Comment

I agree with you. His ring performances speak for themselves. I like that I don't need to hype him up or defend him or make excuses for him against his entourage of jealous haters and doubters.

His dominance does the talking.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Jones's inside game didn't look so flash against John Ruiz. In a potential bout with Ward much would depend on the ref.
                  you mean 20lb heavier ruiz? obviously he was looking to avoid that
                  i doubt ward could even get in the inside, and stay there long enough to do anything
                  hopkins could barely get on the inside vs roy, and he only got in when roy looked to take a breather(note that there was alot of talk about roy being drained for that fight, being his last fight at 160)

from what i have seen of roy on the inside, is he can damn well take care of himself in that position, and he likes to throw combo's inside too, look at roy vs merqui sosa

i think it's actually impossible for ward to win, unless roy is old, or drained or somethin

the probablity ratio in my mind is at 0%

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    Froch has since improved since his struggles against JT and Dirrell, if people can't see that then I don't know
                    What about his struggles against a washed up and weight-drained Johnson?

Comment

Ward is on track to be a future ATG.

Comment

Working...
                      X