Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Haye isn't a good heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
      ya i guess the only difference is that mayweather is one of the greatest fighters of all time. and haye is a bum.
      what i prefer about haye tho is that he will fight the best in his division

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
        ya i guess the only difference is that mayweather is one of the greatest fighters of all time. and haye is a bum.
        Sure he is

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        Haye is a brilliant fighter, it's just a shame he's not really interested in boxing much anymore. Ever since he beat Valuev, it's like he fulfilled his ambitions because he literally became heavyweight champion of the world and that's what he was aiming for since he was a kid. But if Vitali stops avoiding him that would be a great fight for them both to go out on!
        Agree on his ability, but don't give him a pass with the 'not really interested in boxing' stuff. He just wants to avoid risk unless it involves ridiculous paydays.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 11-09-2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            David Price will do better than Haye, he's a better heavyweight.

That being said, I think Price has been moved too slowly the past two years. His promoter need to step him up before he gets too much older.
            I think Price is packing some real Glass in that chin, we won't know until he steps up to international level. The Sexton & Harrison fights were no indicators on how he would go against top-class opposition. He's got some scary power at Heavy though.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
              I think Price is packing some real Glass in that chin, we won't know until he steps up to international level.
              Price wouldn't get knocked down by little super middleweight journeyman Lolenga Mock, like Haye did.

And Price wouldn't get stopped by an age 40 Carl Thompson.

Comment

You never know mate, he got dropped by Tyson Fury in the am's lol.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                  You never know mate, he got dropped by Tyson Fury in the am's lol.
                  Fury's a big mofo though.

Comment

Tyson saved boxing. There's been no HW since that has brought that kind of excitement to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Price wouldn't get knocked down by little super middleweight journeyman Lolenga Mock, like Haye did.

And Price wouldn't get stopped by an age 40 Carl Thompson.
                      David Haye was very inexperienced when those things happened to him though. I mean, you're talking about things that happened when he had less than 12 pro fights 7+ years ago. He's a very clever fighter now.

He has bad stamina and a horrible work rate, but he has the ability to change a fight around with just one punch. He's a good finisher. Price would lose to David Haye right now. Badly, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X