Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What IF Pacquiao Knocks Out Marquez? What Does That Mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heihaci View Post
    I would be very impressed-it means the Pacman has stopped a roided Marquez
    roided? nah, piss drinker, sure but not roided, c'mon men

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      I agree with your points. and a KO would cement MannyP's position as the #1lb4lb and also enhance his all-time-great status. I'd say the impact would be on Marquez' chin, so he's the one who should be asked. The fight is not pointless. They have-at least Marquez has- unfinished business. A fourth fight should be as equally entertaining as the previous three. Who would complain about that? Every fight need not be for titles. The titles are there mainly as inducements to compete as well as earning the belt-awarders an underseved and very good living. It a kind of sham to put in froont of the cash customers, so that they can think they're attending a sports event, and not just the outcome of a business decision.

This fight is on because the two fighters are winding down their careers, and for their last few fights they want the best return in cash, not glory.

My opinion is that MannyP is the better man and if the first fight had been fairly scored, he'd have had a win nstead of a draw. But I'll be happy to watch this 4th and most likely the last of the series. Pacquiao recently signed a new contract which will last until probably the middle of 2014, just in time for his next election attempt, possibly for governor of his province, although I've heard that he intends to stay in congress this time.

His grit and determination to overcome his enrmous difficulties, have been a great part of making him the global celebrity he has become, and he's richly earned it. He could have followed the path of the boxing norm to the bars, the courts, the gaols and maybe ...bingo!.

I wish him nothing but success for his future.
      nice two cents. in 2012, pacquiao said he has 3 more years before he calls it quits. so that's something like 2-3 fights a year, approximately 5 more fights to go. i think it's a good idea pacquiao fights strictly up and comers except maybe rematch bradley or cotto

Comment

It would be a big achievement and it would also mean that a fight with Mayweather is still possible.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Absolutely nothing. That's the funny part of Marquez-Pacquiao 3 and 4. They mean nothing for Pacquiao. If he wins convincingly, it'll be more like *Pat on the back* "You finally did it".

It means nothing.

I and II meant something at 126-130.

At 144-147? That's not even Marquez's best weight, Floyd already proved that for us.

It's only a winning situation for Marquez. Okay you beat me convincingly? About time; I already beat you 2 out of 3 times son. About time you beat me at 40 years old.
          i feel the same way but i think it's only fair if we give marquez some credit. he's ranked top 5 p4p, that must mean something right

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral View Post
            some of these kids replying are the same ones that thought bradley beat pac convincingly

nothing they say should be taken seriously
            we've all been there, not about the bradley fight but other stupid things we've said said that we'd like to take back. haaay, those were the days

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
              arent you at least curious? i mean it might be pointless but it sure will be exciting and entertaining
              much better than pac vs bradley 2 with its obvious outcome
              it's definitely entertaining for sure but bradley-pacquiao 2 would be a good match up once bradley faces stiff competition and somehow comes on top (fighting and beating berto would add to his star appeal, maybe even unify the IBF, WBA & WBC belts against alexander, malinaggi and the winner of berto-guerrero). once bradley has made his mark, the pacquiao rematch would then sound enticing to watch

Comment

Who has Marquez beat since the last Pacquiao fight? We have no reason to believe he's gotten better and hasn't aged becuz he's only fought bums since the first Pacquiao fight... I'd like to have seen him fight Bradley, or Guerrero, or even Rios, young strong fighters in their prime, to see if he's really on that same level he's suppose to be at... We have no proof

Therefore, unless immediately after the fight Marquez beats one of the above mentioned or someone on a similar level in some kind of impressive fashion, a Pacquiao KO win is just as much an accomplishment as being the second man to knockdown a 40 year old Molsey... Who gives a shit??

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  I think the last three fights have great re-watch value and I'll be watching them for many decades to come. I wouldn't have complained about a 6th season of The Wire and I have no problem with another installment of this either.
                  LOL, i've probably watched the pacquiao-moreles 2 the most, approximately a thousand times. i watch it whenever i do my daily push ups and dumbbell lifting. nothing beats watching two guys sweat it out while you work out

Comment

It means one thing

It only means one thing, we are just wasting time.. better to fight Mayweather instead of Marquez.. and this is for sure the reaction of the boxing fans all over the world.. not sure if the same number of fans will buy the fourth bout.. but one thing is for sure that they are just waiting for Pacman vs Mayweather.. hopefully we can see this fight in the 2nd quarter next year 2013. Personally, I cant wait to see how Pacman will knock out Mayweather and I will be laughing out loud so that Mayweather can hear it..

and the 3? pacman, marquez and moneymay??? they will end up with.. :3some:

Comment

Originally posted by cebumedia View Post
                      It only means one thing, we are just wasting time.. better to fight Mayweather instead of Marquez.. and this is for sure the reaction of the boxing fans all over the world.. not sure if the same number of fans will buy the fourth bout.. but one thing is for sure that they are just waiting for Pacman vs Mayweather.. hopefully we can see this fight in the 2nd quarter next year 2013. Personally, I cant wait to see how Pacman will knock out Mayweather and I will be laughing out loud so that Mayweather can hear it..

and the 3? pacman, marquez and moneymay??? they will end up with.. :3some:
                      depending on pacquiao's performance against marquez this december, we can then gauge how the fight with mayweather will en up. i think a 2009 version of pacquiao would have knocked out a 2009 version of mayweather though.

even if pacquiao defeats mayweather, or vice versa, i just can't see both men being friends. i mean, yeah, pacquiao has become best buddies with all his opponents but mayweather is someone who alienates the people around him, maybe it's what makes him tick.

Comment

Working...
                      X