Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your honest opinion who "scared" Floyd the most?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't bother me all that much, Floyd can fight whoever he wants. But he's the one putting himself on that pedestal as greater than Ali and SRR. Given the profile Pac had in 09/10, that was a golden opportunity to enhance his claim to all time greatness. The sort of opponent that mightn't come along again before Floyd's time is up, hugely popular, very highly rated, and beatable. As Manny Steward used to say, you can't go around talking about being the GOAT when you haven't even fought all the best guys in your era.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      I dont really need to as all the evidence you would need is here already in this thread. Its maybe unfair to say he's avoided Martinez but the swerve he gave the other three is pretty embarrasing.
      Some are much more blatant than others.

I consider martines a duck because he is a top 3 p4p fighter who is willing to go to a weight class floyd is supposedly a champion but floyd acts like hes been fighting killer competition since his retirement, when the fact show the contrary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Lmao! Inferior fighters don't scare guys like Floyd. They aren't naming the likes of Duran, Hearns or Sugar. They're naming Cotto, Margarito and Pacquiao. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaa...! Let them vent.
        and martinez, actually the best crop of fighters in floyds generation.

i dont see your point.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
          When was the last time a fighter called another fighter out , face to face?

Guerrero and broner had a similar incident but their really from different weight division.
          Exactly when was the last time someone went up to a certain fighter and called him out? This needs to happen more often so we can get good fights made not let them sit around fighting weaker opposition in the hopes they get that payday call. If Manny really wants the fight he should do what Mosley did. Why say you want the fight but only if that's what your promoter wants? In all seriousness I can't wait for this two fairies to retire, then when theirs no payday around fighters won't have any other choice but fight each other to create their own hype and make some $$.
          Last edited by El Malo.; 11-07-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
            Some are much more blatant than others.

I consider martines a duck because he is a top 3 p4p fighter who is willing to go to a weight class floyd is supposedly a champion but floyd acts like hes been fighting killer competition since his retirement, when the fact show the contrary.
            fair enough.

Comment

• what a dumb thread ... is that you check hooks ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                It doesn't bother me all that much, Floyd can fight whoever he wants. But he's the one putting himself on that pedestal as greater than Ali and SRR. Given the profile Pac had in 09/10, that was a golden opportunity to enhance his claim to all time greatness. The sort of opponent that mightn't come along again before Floyd's time is up, hugely popular, very highly rated, and beatable. As Manny Steward used to say, you can't go around talking about being the GOAT when you haven't even fought all the best guys in your era.
                Another understated but valid point.

You dont claim on being the greatest ever and expect everyone to accept it as gospel truth.

The reason i think PACQUIAO gets some pass (yes i think he has share of shady deals) is he isnt talking mad **** of being someone he isnt. Hes fanbase does that for him sometimes though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  It doesn't bother me all that much, Floyd can fight whoever he wants. But he's the one putting himself on that pedestal as greater than Ali and SRR. .
                  Common dude I don't even think Floyd believes that for real. Its just one of the many things he says to create hype and sell fights. This guy well do and say anything to create hype and bring more revenue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berges View Post
                    Common dude I don't even think Floyd believes that for real. Its just one of the many things he says to create hype and sell fights. This guy well do and say anything to create hype and bring more revenue.
                    For sure, but if you write that check you don't cry when people try to cash it.

Comment

• Originally posted by *Boss* View Post
                      what a dumb thread ... is that you check hooks ?
                      state your reasons why you think floyd NEVER EVER ducked anyone in his career, i think a lot would be interested, i know i am.

Comment

Working...
                      X