Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Enzo Calzaghe: Carl Froch is Not a Great Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I do think Joe C was a very special fighter with amazing talent, skill, awkwardness, and ability to adjust he never really proved he was great. Froch's resume is way better, there is no argument and though he may not have the natural ability Joe had and on paper should be beaten easily by him just remember that Froch is very resilient and wins plenty of fights he should lose on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      While I do think Joe C was a very special fighter with amazing talent, skill, awkwardness, and ability to adjust he never really proved he was great. Froch's resume is way better, there is no argument and though he may not have the natural ability Joe had and on paper should be beaten easily by him just remember that Froch is very resilient and wins plenty of fights he should lose on paper.

Well said. Joe was a bigger talent. Froch was in it at an ideal time where Showtime etc basically forced everyone (except Dirrell to fight).

Joe had it easier and could call the shots in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Very good points!

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          Joe had it easier and could call the shots in his prime.
          By "call the shots" do you mean that Joe ducked all of the big names of his era until they had already been beaten by someone else?

If so I agree with you.

Comment

how was calzaghe "more talented?"

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              how was calzaghe "more talented?"

He was talented enough to force you into doing this format a living

Comment

Boxing fans will always respect carl froch more than that coke sniffing coward calzaghe.

At least carl froch challenged himself and went to america to challenge great prime fighters instead of hiding out in one division in wales only to come to america and start fighting names when they were in their 40s only to get dropped by both senior citizens.

**** joe calzaghe.

Comment

Froch has one of the best resumes in modern boxing history. Its not exactly a shame to say that your opposition isn't as good as Carl Froch's. NO ONE fights the string of opponents that he has in this day and age.

Calzaghe didn't have the same calibre of names in his division throughout most of his career which is why it toiled for so long.

Comment

shoulderroll comment incorrect.
                    as much as i cant stand frank warren and i hate to say it but, he moved heaven and earth to try and get roy jones to fight way back when and he didnt want to know.
                    he said at the time(jones jnr) "joe who?" and gave it all that ole toffee.
                    he knew then in his prime that calzaghe was the only real credible threat at super middle.
                    he had got away with avoiding benn, eubank didnt care.
                    even brave ole steve collins offered it to jones after beating both benn and eubank (after their prime) and jones didnt want that either!!!!!!!
                    which i am surprised because i believe the only one of the three that he could not hurt would have been eubank but still win.
                    the forth guy would have done the job over a dozen rnds and that fellah was and STILL is the "great" joe calzaghe.
                    did you read boxing news? ring magazine? all their in 96/97/98/99 check em out.
                    warren offered six figures which was good green then.

Comment

calzaghe has a win over jones and hopkins

for life

Comment

Working...
                      X