Could anyone knock out Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe now but never in his prime no way

Comment

Prime Foreman, prime Tyson, prime Wlad might be close to that if they land clear.

Lennox - no way with the single punch! Vitali took MANY of Lennox's best punches and wasn't even much stunned. (that wasn't prime Lennox but I don't think he lost anything on his punching power at the time).

Comment

Nope, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post

I don't even know who this guy is. But one thing I do know is if he detonates this off Vitalis chin, Vitali's going to sleep.
          Classic James Thunder, could never beat the upper echelon fighters, but he disposed of bums like a true HW champ should.

Comment

Foreman or Joe Louis

Comment

No, thinking about negging TS for stupid question

Comment

vitali has never been truly defeated in the ring. his loss from lewis was a premature stoppage by the ring side doctor due to cuts which he should have won basing it on the scorecards. same thing when he fought byrd, vitali injured his shoulder and the doctor had to stop it even though vitali won the on all scorecards. so no one from the hw division today can knock out vitali. maybe a prime tyson would have...

Comment

There are only a handful of boxers I could think that are active.. This is if they landed a flush 1-2 / combo..

Haye, Wlad, and maybe Price..

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                    Vitali's chin is relatively untested

and old Corrie Sanders dropped him
                    no he did not - vitali has in fact never been dropped by a punch. if you are referring to the end of rd 1 (where corrie pushed/pulled him down when he was a bit off balance), that was quite obviously not a knockdown (and was - correctly - also not scored as a knockdown).

corrie did land heavily on vitali in the first few rounds though, which shows that vitali has a very good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      Prime Foreman, prime Tyson, prime Wlad might be close to that if they land clear.

Lennox - no way with the single punch! Vitali took MANY of Lennox's best punches and wasn't even much stunned. (that wasn't prime Lennox but I don't think he lost anything on his punching power at the time).
                      ? Vitali was stunned in their final round from a huge uppercut, Lewis had Vitali holding on almost the whole round after that.

I think he did definitely lose quite a bit of punching power, not only was his age a factor but him being out of shape, Lewis was exhausted in there along with Vitali. Idk about you but you've ever been exhausted and tried to throw a punch it won't nearly have as much power as it did when you first started throwing.

Sanders also had Vitali rocked badly, the fight started off competitively and then Sanders tired out badly, mainly because he was already a retired golfer, I think he was around 40 as well. Both prime Sanders and Lewis definitely had the ability to KO Vitali.

Comment

Working...
                      X