No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Gesta Hoping Miguel Vazquez Will Fight, Not Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jab2theballs View Post
    Yeah,he's going to stand there and trade punches,because as a weak puncher that would totally benefit him...
    Wrong. Fighters who are not big punchers can stay in the pocket, make a fighter miss and make them pay. I can name MANY.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
      lol right.he basically saying fight me the way that benefits me and gives you no advantages lol
      No, it means fight in a way that gives the fans an exciting fight instead of boos. But if you like boring fights, thats your pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Wrong. Fighters who are not big punchers can stay in the pocket, make a fighter miss and make them pay. I can name MANY.
        One of Vasquez's stylistic flaws. He frequently uses his legs for defense, which explains for his low work-rate. But a fighter needs to have amazing conditioning to pull it off.

Being on your bike doesn't equal ring generalship imho.

Comment

I have nothing against Vazquez, but I think he is a bit overrated. I think Gesta will chase him around until he lands a big punch and knocks him out. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I think Gesta is gonna get thoroughly out-boxed. Vasquez's style may not be pretty to watch, but it's effective. At least he doesn't clinch much, but I wish he would throw more often. He spends a bit too much time moving instead of punching.
            Like I stated before, Quintero was tagging Vazquez quite frequently despite what the scorecards were. Gesta being more athletic, faster and having more pop might have a better chance at beating Vazquez. At times Vazquez looked like he could be hurt or WAS hurt vs Quintero and if Gesta tags his ass he's gonna hit the canvas. If Gesta learns to cut the ring off he will beat Vazquez.

Comment

A great sign of weakness, they already know Vazquez style...

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                One of Vasquez's stylistic flaws. He frequently uses his legs for defense, which explains for his low work-rate.
                He's boring and people boo him, thats the bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  He's boring and people boo him, thats the bottom line.
                  People boo Donaire as well but both get the job done.

Comment

Reminds me of Chavez Jr saying to Martínez that he should fight and not run. Then Martínez anyway beat the crap out of him.

Comment

Titere disappointed me in his last fight. I'll be rooting Gesta

Comment

Working...
                      X