• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
    Valero was a puncher and nothing more
    no.........

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
      He was a "Does nothing Great but does everything good" type of fighter. I mean he had crazy power but he just didnt go nuts he tried to set it up and wasnt scared to mix it up.
      u talkin about demarco right?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        u talkin about demarco right?
        No I think he's talking about Edwin Valero.

Comment

He was pretty good but he was definitely not this unstoppable beast that many people think he was.

Comment

total different styles between valero and broner.

i have to laugh at the people who say things like "valero's just a puncher" or he's one dimensional. valero is mad unorthodox and without a doubt not one dimensional.

if you never saw the guy fight, stfu and listen to people who have...

broner-valero would be ppv status fight for me, i like both guys but at this point I"d go valero. I''d like to see broner in with someone with any kind of skills before I could pick him over valero, especially cuz valero lefty. PDL is a lefty and he was able to touch broner's body up, valero's about 50x more skilled, had the same fearlessness, a more diverse offense and a way better d than pdl.

the escobedo fight is a joke, doesnt count IMO.

last I checked litzau, pdl, eloy et al never really were know to be much on the skill side. eloy is as orthodox and plain as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
              No I think he's talking about Edwin Valero.

its a perfect description of demarco, and a terrible one of valero. valero had great footwork, great power, and borderline great speed...oh and great heart/mental strength.

there's 4 attributes better than good

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                Valero would have put Broner in a coffin, that's for sure.
                Edwin Valero is Kostya Tszyu... if you made him a southpaw, made him hit harder, and made him want to drink your blood.

Comment

total different styles between valero and broner.

i have to laugh at the people who say things like "valero's just a puncher" or he's one dimensional. valero is mad unorthodox and without a doubt not one dimensional.

if you never saw the guy fight, stfu and listen to people who have...

broner-valero would be ppv status fight for me, i like both guys but at this point I"d go valero. I''d like to see broner in with someone with any kind of skills before I could pick him over valero, especially cuz valero lefty. PDL is a lefty and he was able to touch broner's body up, valero's about 50x more skilled, had the same fearlessness, a more diverse offense and a way better d than pdl.

the escobedo fight is a joke, doesnt count IMO.

last I checked litzau, pdl, eloy et al never really were know to be much on the skill side. eloy is as orthodox and plain as they come.
                  So your learning more towards Demarco because of the experience? I personally think Demarco has a bigger chance than allot of people are giving him. He's fought guys who are excellent as certain aspects of boxing But Valero having spades, thus Demarco getting beat. I agree with you when it comes to Edwin to a T. Dude was scary scary good. I mean consider this fight Demarco sliced his head open and Valero still beat his ass. and made him quit... that was unreal most fighters if not all of them would have quit. He took it in stride... that's insane focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    He was pretty good but he was definitely not this unstoppable beast that many people think he was.
                    well, in the ring and in sparring, he pretty much was. granted, he never really that well know and most havent see most of his fights because they were primarily in japan, but he never had an opponent hear the final bell

Comment

its a perfect description of demarco, and a terrible one of valero. valero had great footwork, great power, and borderline great speed...oh and great heart/mental strength.

there's 4 attributes better than good
                      What attributes do you think Broner has?

Comment

Working...
                      X