No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hucks Survives a Tough Challenge To Decision Arslan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
    I changed the 10 heavies to the ones I think best. I left the cruiserweights the same because you are batting for the cruisers, so you should select the one you want. I put Vitali in 4th place because he is 41 now.

The fights:

W. Klitschko vs Denis Lebedev
    Price vs Hernandez
    Haye vs Troy Ross
    V. Klitschko vs Cunningham
    Wilder vs Afolabi
    Povetkin vs Wlodarczyk
    Adamek vs Arslan
    Arreola vs Huck
    Perez vs Kayode
    Chagaev vs Green
    Dude. I wasn't picking the top cruisers and heavies because I was trying to make the cruisers win. I was picking the guys with the best resumes in each division and comparing honestly. The matchups that resulted were not pre-arranged, which I presume is exactly what you were trying to do, since I can't believe for a second that you consider Deontay Wilder a top 10 heavyweight, or that David Price should be ranked ahead of Vitali Klitschko. I don't care what your criteria are, that's the most haphazard set of rankings I've ever seen. Wilder is not even a top 50 heavyweight. He's never even beat a decent journeyman. Price's best win is Sam Sexton, who is at best the 5th-best British heavyweight, and if we're being generous, barely a top 50 fighter. Chagaev's last significant win was almost 5 years ago against Matt Skelton. Mike Perez hasn't beaten anybody yet. Arreola has never beaten a top 25 heavyweight, and hasn't even beaten anyone with a pulse in 3 1/2 years. It's like you took a random sample of the Boxrec Top 100. Where's Dominick Guinn? lol

And in case you're going to try and tell me that you're some extraordinary talent evaluator that can project how an unproven fighter is going to perform 5 levels above the guys he's actually fought, let me tell you this: I saw Wilder in person fighting a talentless 40-year-old blown up cruiserweight named Marlon Hayes that looked like an awkward midget version of Kimbo Slice. I'm not saying Wilder looked totally crappy or anything, but he was having real trouble landing on the guy until Hayes pretty much just went away from fatigue. I'm not saying Wilder won't eventually progress into being a dangerous heavyweight, but right now I think Afolabi would work him over. I don't think he could find the range to make solid contact.

Comment

Working...
    X