Danny Garcia is underrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i actually think that he's pretty overrated

he's a decent/average boxer

Prescott KOd Khan as well, in a more dominant fashion...if we give him 2 wins over Morales, would he get this kind of hype?

probably not

and now he's going after Judah?

you guys can hype up the Senior Citizen Abuse tour...that's you guys...i dont see anything special

Comment

He's definitely a slow and steady guy. Does everything right and keeps under the radar until his time comes. Guys like that last, compared to other boxers who get immediate attention and then burn out.

Comment

Originally posted by javielo View Post
        I dont know why people hate so much Puerto Rico but then they watch our fighters perform and suck our balls later when there is a KO....

Dont watch us if you hate us watch your scumbag boxers and then if they KO someone you can say it was pure luck I guess Puertoricans KO by luck and Americans KO by skill is that it?

**** off haters Garcia has more amateur fights than most of the fighters out there with an excellent record the kid was winning all local tournaments but no one knew about him and still have the guts to come here and talk **** about him like they are pro commentators and that is pure BS IMO.

Let the Kid defend his title and give us exciting fights if he loses his next fight then what?

He is a champion right now and thats all that matters
        You do know that Garcia is American right??

Comment

Originally posted by jab2theballs View Post
          exactly.This kids taking a step backwards.
          I don't agree that he's taking steps backwards...You have to remember he was rushed into fighting Khan...Give Garcia a chance to build a fan base and get some experience under his belt...

Comment

If anything he is overrated. His best wins are against a weak-chinned Khan who was easily outboxing him and a shot Morales who he went life and death with the 1st time.

Comment

Garcia is good but wins ugly. That is why he is not getting the recognition he should be getting. Having said that he is not a fully rounded complete fighter but is exceptional at what he does which is punching with his opponent and that will be good enough to get past most fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                I don't agree that he's taking steps backwards...You have to remember he was rushed into fighting Khan...Give Garcia a chance to build a fan base and get some experience under his belt...
                Not really, people were demanding khan fight maidana at an earlier stage so I don't see why garcia should get any favours

He's ducking matthyse and it's a disgrace

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                  Title says it all, and that's coming from someone who isn't a fan particularly whatsoever. Yea, he swings a bit wide and in an unorthodox manner, and he is a tad slow, but his timing is VERY good as well as his counter punching ability, the KO's of Khan and Morales show this, it's just the fact people are too blind to realize it and see it. That shot he hit Khan with was NOT a "lucky" punch, it was a well timed, perfectly landed left hook, and he hit Morales with the same EXACT punch. Khan has a serious issue with lunging in and leaving himself exposed, Garcia saw this and capitalized.

I mean the kid's amateur record was 117-13, he won almost every amateur fight he ever had, and people make this kid out to be some dumb brawler with no skills, when it's clearly quite the contrary. Mark my words, the only fighter at 140 who beats him guaranteed is JMM, IMO. Yea, you heard right NSB, I'd pick him over Matthysse. Not guaranteed, but I'd pick him to win.

It's pretty crazy that Garcia has gotten literally zero credit, and continues to get no credit. It's because he's not some flashy spectacular looking fighter, but he just keeps winning. People need to realize skill and talent doesn't always mean you have to have flashy speed, RJJ reflexes, or dynamic power. Like I said, I'm not a fan of Garcia, but I see that he's way better then given credit for. Just my two cents, folks.
                  No credit? He's correctly considered one of the two best fighters at 140, and by more than a few considered the best, period. I'd say he's correctly rated.

It's not underrating him to think Matthysse beats him. Matthysse's damn good himself, and a fighter that Garcia's style doesn't match up well with IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    No credit? He's correctly considered one of the two best fighters at 140, and by more than a few considered the best, period. I'd say he's correctly rated.

It's not underrating him to think Matthysse beats him. Matthysse's damn good himself, and a fighter that Garcia's style doesn't match up well with IMO.

and that's why that fight wont be made anytime soon

people forget that its not only the TR vs GBP beef that's preventing good fights from happening

it's a shame that a win over Khan has launched Garcia into protected mode status...

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      Not really, people were demanding khan fight maidana at an earlier stage so I don't see why garcia should get any favours

He's ducking matthyse and it's a disgrace
                      It is not the same Maidana was Khan's mandatory and GBP did a weird deal to keep him away from Khan for 3 fights and if he lost any of those fights the fight would be off. The fight only happened because Maidana took legal action to enforce his mandatory rights after Khan said he priced himself out of the fight forcing Maidana to take further legal action to go to purse bids. Khan was left with 2 options take the fight or get stripped of his titles. Garcia is not in that position with Matthyse
                      Garcia will fight his mandatories and has not had an easy run to the top unlike Khan. Right now I would like to see the Matthyse in 2 or 3 fights time but I see no reason why he should be next.

Comment

Working...
                      X