No announcement yet.

Worst home-COUNTRY robberies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    I was going to mention this before I saw your post I think it was in round 4 or 5 where the ref warned Reid for landing a clean hook right on Ottke's jaw and Reid was just like WTF?
    That's a myth. The ref warned Reid for fouling.

Comment

Speaking of appauling hometown officiating. Check this:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        I have to say USA.
        Based on what exactly?

Comment

germany no doubts man

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            That's a myth. The ref warned Reid for fouling.
            No its not, and rewatch the fight he lands a clean punch and is warned for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Germany isn't half as bad as it was 5-10 years ago. When was the last "robbery" decision that they had there?

Look at Sturm-Geale. Felix Sturm is a beloved German home fighter and he lost a very close fight that could have gone in his favor. If Germany is so bad why didn't he get the decision?
              Sturm was given favorable decisions against Macklin and Murray. How many times were they going to save him? There have been plenty of bad decisions in Germany lately. Provetkin vs Huck, and Huck vs Afolabi were both bad decisions, they might not have been robberies, but they were decisions that saved the fighters that saved the losers of those fights.

Comment

Marquez vs John was one of the worst home country robberies IMO. Marquez won that fight comfortably. He landed the cleaner punches, pressed the fight, and just over all out boxed John. Even the ref knew John was losing and he deducted JMM 2 points for borderline body shots. Bad reffing, bad judging, and bad decision on the part of Marquez for taking that fight in Indonesia.

Comment

USA
                  De la Hoya vs Felix Sturm
                  Bradley vs Pacquiao
                  Holyfield vs Lewis
                  Khan vs Peterson

Finland
                  Helenius vs Chisora

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                    Sturm was given favorable decisions against Macklin and Murray. How many times were they going to save him? There have been plenty of bad decisions in Germany lately. Provetkin vs Huck, and Huck vs Afolabi were both bad decisions, they might not have been robberies, but they were decisions that saved the fighters that saved the losers of those fights.
                    I'm not sure about the 2nd fight you mention, but Povetkin definitely deserved the win over Huck.

Comment

Looks like a lot of people didn't understand the topic of this thread.

Only ones I can recall of the top of my head are Macklin-Sturm and Ottke-Reid.

Comment

Working...
                      X