Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward ordered to face the Kessler-Magee winner.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
    Do the honorable thing and fight him in Denmark? Lmaooooo some of you NEVER seem to amaze me. Why would the #1 guy in the weight class (arguably p4p) go fight the challenger that he's already beaten easily on the road?
    Because that was exactly what Kessler did to him.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Because that was exactly what Kessler did to him.
      HUGE difference, that was part of a tournament, Kessler was over confident thinking Ward was a hype job and Kessler and his dumb team agreed to the terms like idiots. So the only honorable thing for Ward to do is agree to the same idiotic terms? LOL again some of you guys never seem to amaze me smh

Comment

HUGE difference, that was part of a tournament, Kessler was over confident thinking Ward was a hype job and Kessler and his dumb team agreed to the terms like idiots. So the only honorable thing for Ward to do is agree to the same idiotic terms? LOL again some of you guys never seem to amaze me smh
        Why was the terms idiotic?

Comment

Rumours are the Pavlik-Ward fight is on the verge of falling through because Ward won't fight in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Rumours are the Pavlik-Ward fight is on the verge of falling through because Ward won't fight in Vegas.
            Lol. Ward only fights where he enjoys homefield advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Andre Ward is the world's most pampered boxer.

Comment

Why was the terms idiotic?
                Defending YOUR title in the challengers backyard is idiotic. Most Champs that do it do so out of over conference not because they are being honorable. Ask Amir Khan...

I'm done with this topic. If Kessler gets a rematch good for him and his fans but the outcome will be the same, another easy oneside a$$ whooping given by Ward.
                Last edited by jayjames616; 10-31-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Defending YOUR title in the challengers backyard is idiotic. Most Champs that do it do so out of over conference not because they are being honorable. Ask Amir Khan...

I'm done with this topic. If Kessler gets a rematch good for him and his fans but the outcome will be the same, another easy oneside a$$ whooping given by Ward.
                  I didnt say it was honourable of Kessler to defend in jOakland. Only that it would be honourable of Ward to return the favour.

Plenty of Champions travel and defend their titles in the opponents backyard. Kessler has done so several times. Froch as well. ATG'S Carlos Monzon made a career of it. And so on and on.

I also happen to think it was unwise of Kessler to travel to jOakland, but if he hadn't Ward wouldn't have participated and there would have been no supersix.

Comment

I also happen to think it was unwise of Kessler to travel to Oakland, but if he hadn't Ward wouldn't have participated and there would have been no supersix.
                    Like a spoiled child Ward demanded home country advantage for ALL his fights, while everyone else had to travel.

But they still could have had the Super Six without Ward.

The honorable thing for Showtime to do would have been to replace the pampered Ward with someone else like Bika or Bute.

Sauerland should have pulled Kessler out when they learned that Goossen and Ward were using a local California referee, Jack Reiss.

They agreed to use NEUTRAL referees, it was in the Super Six contract.
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 10-31-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Like a spoiled child Ward demanded home country advantage for ALL his fights, while everyone else had to travel.

But they still could have had the Super Six without Ward.

The honorable thing for Showtime to do would have been to replace the pampered Ward with someone else like Bika or Bute.

Sauerland should have pulled Kessler out when they learned that Goossen, Ward and his manager Al Haymon were using a local California referee, Jack Reiss.

They agreed to use NEUTRAL referees, it was in the Super Six contract.
                      Goosen pulled a number on the other promotors during the s6 negotiations and a number on Sauerland in the Kessler fight. You are right that the s6 contract stipulated neutral officials, but the CSAC overruled that and said that under their jurisdiction, they get to choose the officials. Goosen of course knew that, but didnt inform the other promotors and when Sauerland found out there wasnt time to find enough replacements.

Smart guy Goosen.

Comment

Working...
                      X