Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alvarez needs to stop ducking the entire 154 pounds division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last 154 he fought was Cintron...and he got whooped in his comeback fight against Mollina. Molina should have fought Antwone Smith because evidently that's enough to get a Canelo fight...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      What did Ortiz do to get a Mayweather fight? When do most fighters "deserve" to get certain fights?

Again, it's about making money and I still am shocked as to how naive some of you guys are about the business of boxing.
      Ortiz beat Berto, a true WW, for his WBC title. Did I think highly of Mayweather/Ortiz? No, because I didn't think highly of Berto to begin with. But at least Ortiz beat a prime/undefeated Top 5 opponent, which Canelo has yet to do. It seems like the "boxing is a business" line is only thrown around when bullshit match-ups are made.

Canelo's entire resume @154 = "boxing is a business"

Is Canelo vs. Trout/Molina/Lara/Vanes THAT bad for business? Or is it that Canelo is just not what the hype machine makes him out to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Ortiz beat Berto, a true WW, for his WBC title. Did I think highly of Mayweather/Ortiz? No, because I didn't think highly of Berto to begin with. But at least Ortiz beat a prime/undefeated Top 5 opponent, which Canelo has yet to do. It seems like the "boxing is a business" line is only thrown around when bullshit match-ups are made.

Is Canelo vs. Trout/Molina/Lara/Vanes THAT bad for business? Or is it that Canelo is just not what the hype machine makes him out to be?
        Yea, they won't make money because Cintron, Rhodes, Hatton and all those other cats will. Only one that would apply to is Mosley... that's it... and that's just because of his name

Comment

It's not a BS line, it's the truth. Something fans like you have serious trouble understanding.

When you as a fan shell out money to watch Canelo vs Lara, or vs Vanes, then they will make the fight. Why would they do that when they can make canelo vs Mosley or Ortiz and make triple the money? LOL

Also, it's funny how Berto is such a bum but when Ortiz beat him that somehow justified his fight with Mayweather? Come on....

It's a business man....MONEY.

Comment

It's not a BS line, it's the truth. Something fans like you have serious trouble understanding.

When you as a fan shell out money to watch Canelo vs Lara, or vs Vanes, then they will make the fight. Why would they do that when they can make canelo vs Mosley or Ortiz and make triple the money? LOL

Also, it's funny how Berto is such a bum but when Ortiz beat him that somehow justified his fight with Mayweather? Come on....

Only person who was a real money maker was Mosley, that's it. And he was on the undercard of Mayweather/Cotto.

If by business you mean sticking overmatched opponents to make a shining turd look better and ensure you don't lose, then yes it was a business move

Comment

Berto blew both opportunities to fight floyd and the guys who beat him will get the chance to earn huge money. thats as it should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Only person who was a real money maker was Mosley, that's it. And he was on the undercard of Mayweather/Cotto.

If by business you mean sticking overmatched opponents to make a shining turd look better and ensure you don't lose, then yes it was a business move
                I think that definition fits.......

Comment

Who's likelier to fight Mayweather next? Canelo or Guerrero?

Comment

Who's likelier to fight Mayweather next? Canelo or Guerrero?
                    I would say both eventually. Mayweather might take Guerrero as a tune up, have canelo fight someone else and then on May 5th make the big fight happen since we know there will never be Mayweather vs Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Trout has a better chance of fighting Ali or President Obama then he does Canelo.
                      I just peed in my pants when I read this!!!..hilarious!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X