Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on your ATG LIST? Eric Morales or Floyd Mayweather jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i look at any fighter who retires with an undefeated record with great suspicion.

Every fighter who has ever retired undefeated will always have doubt as to why they were undefeated.

Rocky Marciano
    Ricardo Lopez
    Joe Calzaghe

They all have their reasons why they went undefeated and its not because they were just too good.

"Show me a undefeated fighter and ill show you somebody who hasnt really fought anybody."

-Whitey Bimstean

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      i look at any fighter who retires with an undefeated record with great suspicion.

Every fighter who has ever retired undefeated will always have doubt as to why they were undefeated.

Rocky Marciano
      Ricardo Lopez
      Joe Calzaghe

They all have their reasons why they went undefeated and its not because they were just too good.

"Show me a undefeated fighter and ill show you somebody who hasnt really fought anybody."-Whitey Bimstean
      Floyd has fought people.....not anyone great, or even very good but only good fighters. JMM was great but bloated and never fought at 147 and style wise was just wrong for Floyd.

But Floyd dont take risks thats why he is unbeaten. Floyd is responsible for giving unbeaten fighters a bad name, and view with suspicion.

FLoyd dont fight out of his country, at least JC did against a still very good BH. The protection Floyd got against Hatton would put the protection SVen otkker got to shame.

And Floyd has the luxury of preparing for every fight more thouroughly than any other boxers. Most boxers fight for a living and Floyd is just another opponent for them. FLoyd is more methodical and manufacturered.

Comment

• If only floyd didn't cherry pick his opponent he should be higher than morales in the atg but he's too afraid to take risk.
        Last edited by pasawayako; 10-29-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
          Broner got his ass handed to him by ponce de leon. dude is overrated. he will not stay undefeated once he moves up with the big dogs. he's going to keep using his weight advantage for awhile with the little guys but he is nowhere near as skillful as Floyd was coming up. He didn't even rematch ponce. atleast floyd rematched castillo.
          I agree about the ponc thing, but NO ONE is going to beat Broner. He is not all flash, he hs real defense, and the power is WAY too great. I hear stories of him being versitile in sparring. They say he can box, run, move around, walk you down. No one's going to beat Broner, because no one will be skilled enough and this is coming from a guy who HATES the kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            and Larry is STILL ducking my question why? how hard is it to admit Floyd hasn't beat a fighter the caliber of a prime Pacquiao or Barrera at their own weights?
            Pac was at his prime at ww, when he got super fast, and strong and beat those bigger guys. Back when he fought Erik, he was a normal, skilled, little fighter. At ww, he was a machine and we all thought he was on roids. He couldnt feel punches niether. I never seen anything like a prime ww pacman.

Comment

• morales... by a wide margin...

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                Pac was at his prime at ww, when he got super fast, and strong and beat those bigger guys. Back when he fought Erik, he was a normal, skilled, little fighter. At ww, he was a machine and we all thought he was on roids. He couldnt feel punches niether. I never seen anything like a prime ww pacman.
                ....you can be prime an not have peaked.

Pacquiao Peaked at WW but he was prime @ SFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
                  Morales has accomplished much more.
                  How has he accomplished more??please tell me that

Floyds resume is more extensive

Floyd has more divisional titles

floyd has more lineal titles

floyds record ****s on Morales

Floyd's record is title fights is better

how has Morales accomplished more??

i dont even know how this is even up for debate for crying out lou

Comment

• Floyd and it's not really close.

A better thread would be Morales, Barrera, Marquez, who was the greatest of those 3???

This is only up for debate on here due to Floyd haters and Mexican die hard Morales fans. The only reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      i look at any fighter who retires with an undefeated record with great suspicion.

Rocky Marciano
                      Ricardo Lopez
                      Joe Calzaghe

"Show me a undefeated fighter and ill show you somebody who hasnt really fought anybody."

-Whitey Bimstean
                      you listed 3 atg's man..hands down atg's

Comment

Working...
                      X