Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with ESPN as Pacquiao #4 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
    Don't even know why they bother to add a part-time boxer to the list. Don't they know that fighting less often is equivalent to taking lesser risk than the guy who fights often? If Mr Vacationer only fought five more times in the last five years, he would have been defeated in five of those fights. The guy just doesn't deserve all these attention and the money that go with it.
    Even Floyd would wonder about it.

Comment

Pac should be #1 and it isn't even close

Cotto beat floyd but got robbed

Ward beat Dawson who wasn't at his proper weight and was overrated to being with

Martinez beat JCC JR who is a nothing more than a green prospect and almost got KTFO in the last round

Pac is 1

Ward or Donaire should be 2

Comment

Pac is no longer what he used to be when he fought against Cotto. So, its reasonable that Pac goes down in rating and performance. Happens to boxers when they get older and suffers wear and tear of years in boxing.

I do agree that he is no longer a top 3 P4P. But on the ESPN's list, i disagree with it overall the rankings. Mayweather doesn't deserved #1, only fights once a year.

Top 3 should be Ward, Donaire, and Martinez. All this 3 has been fighting top 10 fighters in their weight division. Except with the Ward-Dawson fight but deserved credit even if at a catch weight.

The Klitschko brothers, Bradley, and Cotto doesn't deserved to be in there.
        Last edited by loui_ludwig; 10-28-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

The true p4p list

1. Manny
          2. Ward
          3. Sergio
          4. Floyd
          5. Donaire
          6. JMM
          7. Wlad
          8. Gamboa
          9. Mares
          10. Froch

That's about as comprehensive a list as you'll find. Unlike most fans I do not ignore the little guys and give them respect for their talent.

Comment

Manny lost to Marquez so I have him at 5

Comment

I voted that Pacquiao being ranked #4 is about right for now. I have Donaire #1 Ward #2,Mayweather #3 Pacquiao #4 Martinez #5 and Marquez #6. I dropped Pacquiao from #1 to #4 not because I thought he lost to either Marquez or Bradley. I thought he clearly beat Bradley by a wide margin and barely beat Marquez. I dropped him because he did not KO Bradley and beat Marquez clearly. He looked way off in both fights and did not perform like the #1 pfp. guy should perform. Ward and Donaire have been winning big over top guys for a while now. I think all the top guys are very close and a good fight or a bad fight by any of them could change where I rank them. If Pacquiao shows his old form and beats Marquez by a wide margin then I will return him to the #1 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                I don't understand some of these site. They drop PAC because they say he lost to Bradley but then they don't give Bradley the P4P he deserve . If you drop PAC because you believe he got whoop, the guy who did the whooping should get his spot.
                This right here is a bunch of gibberish, no offense. Your not taking into account that Bradley was off for 10 months due to promotional issues, then he fought a completely faded Casamayor in his comeback fight, beating Manny wouldn't have warranted Top 5, let alone his spot as you stated.

Comment

I don't agree with ESPN's P4P ranking of Pac. They have him way too high.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                    LOL at your bias right there. Let see, JMM fought once at 147 at WW. JMM has been following Pac in every weight division that Pac goes up too. Bradley has fought once at 147 and been calling out Pac(Mayweather also), and he damns now those fight is gonna happen at 147.
                    Bias to what exactly? I don't give a **** about Pacquiao and Mayweather.

JMM didn't belong above 135 and moving up to take that fight, people expected him to get KO'd....he instead should have won. Bradley also fought one time at 147, before moving back to 140 for his next two. Yeah he called people out, but he still wasn;t a 147lb fighter.

Those two guys were out of their weight classes and JMM still clearly won. #4 is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                      I agree, I'm not with the conspiracy theorist on it being a fixed fight on Pac vs Bradley but lets just say....

Maybe Pac has set the bar to high, maybe the judges were expecting Pacquiao to be much more dominate, like numerous knockdowns again Bradley and that's why they scored it for Bradley, the bar was set so high by Pacquiao and he did not reach it.
                      No. Judges cant base one fight on a fighter past fights. Bradley made the fight awqward and that is why he stole a few rounds. He should never have to the Decision. But either way Bradley has come off worse! No one wants to fight the guy! He 'beat' Manny and now hes having to take a step down in opposition? Justice is served!

Comment

Working...
                      X