Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with ESPN as Pacquiao #4 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I voted that Pacquiao being ranked #4 is about right for now. I have Donaire #1 Ward #2,Mayweather #3 Pacquiao #4 Martinez #5 and Marquez #6. I dropped Pacquiao from #1 to #4 not because I thought he lost to either Marquez or Bradley. I thought he clearly beat Bradley by a wide margin and barely beat Marquez. I dropped him because he did not KO Bradley and beat Marquez clearly. He looked way off in both fights and did not perform like the #1 pfp. guy should perform. Ward and Donaire have been winning big over top guys for a while now. I think all the top guys are very close and a good fight or a bad fight by any of them could change where I rank them. If Pacquiao shows his old form and beats Marquez by a wide margin then I will return him to the #1 spot.
    So if Manny destroys Marquez then he moves from 4th to 1st? Based on what? He should destroy Marquez, it should be expected. Marquez is fighting above his natural weight and is 40! If pac beat Mayweather then yes i agree hes p4p no1! But beating MArquez wont put him in front of Martinez. I dont agree with Ward's placement anyway, he beat Dawson but refused the Bute fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Pac should be #1 and it isn't even close

Cotto beat floyd but got robbed

Ward beat Dawson who wasn't at his proper weight and was overrated to being with

Martinez beat JCC JR who is a nothing more than a green prospect and almost got KTFO in the last round

Pac is 1

Ward or Donaire should be 2
      This post is completely delusional. Floyd never lost to cotto! what fight were you watching! i gave him 2 maybe 3 rounds. As for Martinez, isnt dominating JCC for 11 and a half rounds, getting caught but fought back and survived enough to earn your respect? I would much rather see that fight again than any manny vs marquez or manny vs bradley!

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        He should be #2 behind Floyd.
        Floyd 4 fights in the last 5 years vs Pacquiao 10 fights in the same years beside Pacquiao did better against Mosley and Cotto I don't think Floyd deserves to be put in front or behind Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Bias to what exactly? I don't give a **** about Pacquiao and Mayweather.

JMM didn't belong above 135 and moving up to take that fight, people expected him to get KO'd....he instead should have won. Bradley also fought one time at 147, before moving back to 140 for his next two. Yeah he called people out, but he still wasn;t a 147lb fighter.

Those two guys were out of their weight classes and JMM still clearly won. #4 is correct.

Okay you said your not bias but my point to you is Pac did not force Bradley and JMM to moved up in weight. It don't matter if they don't belong in the WW division, they decided themselves. Pac moved up to WW and stayed there. Dela Hoya didn't force Pac and Floyd to move up in weight to fight him. JMM have a history with Pac and so why he followed up in weight. Bradley on the other hand, that if he beats Pac, he thinks he would be like Pac/Floyd when they beat Oscar.

Nobody force Dawson to go down against Ward or BHOP against Tarver.

Comment

Ortiz wasn't even a Top 20. Pacquiao won a close decision to Marquez (p4p top 6), robbed against Bradley. I can accept Ward being #1. He cleaned his division. But...Why's Floyd Mayweather #1. But...WTH... we know that's Fat Rafael's madness!

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Lost to Marquez and then beat Bradley, either way he's 1-1 in his last 2 fights against guys he made move up. #4 is correct.

The three guys ranked higher deserve to be ranked higher.
              Spot on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                Pac should be #1 and it isn't even close

Cotto beat floyd but got robbed

Ward beat Dawson who wasn't at his proper weight and was overrated to being with

Martinez beat JCC JR who is a nothing more than a green prospect and almost got KTFO in the last round

Pac is 1

Ward or Donaire should be 2
                Hard to believe this nuthugger still isn't banned

Comment

There are a lot of active boxers in the sport, number 4 isn't that bad..

Comment

Pacquiao in reality was only number 1 for like a few months til Floyd came back (and even then some people can debate it)... If there's a number one and two...fighting in the same weight class...number two should never move ahead of number one without beating him, so there's that... that would make sense especially since he beat the same dudes number one used to get there...so nothing really new there...aside from some weak opposition tossed in. Pac hasn't been number 1 for years.. ever to some. I agree with him being lower than Floyd, but it's a toss up from there. Martinez and Ward have put in work consistently, with every performance topping the last. Donaire had a good win over Nishioka, but he was kind of in stasis prior to that. How highly would you value Wladimir? Can you in good faith have Pac higher than JMM if you feel JMM beat him? What about Bradley? Does anyone even care about him anymore? Do you count an official win over Pac? Do you honestly feel he was even legitimately in the top 10 p4p and not just there to hype him up for said Pac fight? It's all subjective. Hell, even if Pac knocks out Marquez, or vice versa does anyone even CARE anymore? In the grand scheme of things they're not shaking up the "p4p" rankings by just fighting each other. JMM is older but he can just fight Pac. Dude could come off 20 straight KO losses and still go in there and give Manny hell. S hit, these guys are on the list partly in thanks to each other. :|
                    Last edited by NearHypnos; 10-28-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Anybody disagree with the Klitschko brothers, Bradley, and Cotto in the top 10? If you can replace those 4, who would you put?

Froch, even though he lost to Ward, he did beat Bute.
                      Viloria has good wins, specially Segura.
                      Marco Huck, even though he officially lost, both media and fans have him beating Povetkin.
                      Mike Garcia, knocking out Khan.
                      Ansel Moreno
                      Who else?

Comment

Working...
                      X