Best straight right hands ever landed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    tommy hearns had the greatest right hook of all time

I don't see the sarcasm. You can argue he had the greatest 'right hand'. But right hand has a large variety of punches it can throw. A uppercut from the right hand would be a right hand.
    Last edited by intoccabile; 10-26-2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
      I recall a quote from Duran, where he said that at the weigh in he really felt the difference in height and Tommys arm length, and Duran didn't think that he would be able to get inside his reach! I think it was from the autobiography "Hands of Stone", though I'm not 100% positive...
      yah hearns was an intimidating ww...i don't think duran was very confident going into that fight.

Comment

NOrris- Mugabi @ 4:20

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            He's actually correct, it's a hook from the power hand, Not a straight at all, shrug. Notice it's coming around and across durans chin, making his head turn. If it were a straight, his had would have just snapped back.

At best, it's a 'cross' - but if you're one of the many people who think a Cross and a Straight are the same punches, I mine as well just stop replying now.
            a cross is considered a straight punch. it isnt a hook and that wasnt a hook. i dunno anyone who thinks it was.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              uh, that looks like a hook to me.
              Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Are you kidding?
              DoktorSleepless needs a bit more sleep, he's obviously tired.

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
              That Donaire on Nishioka str8 right looked pretty bad ass.
              It was.

Originally posted by FightHistorian View Post
              Would this count as one?

At 0:40

No.

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              He's actually correct, it's a hook from the power hand, Not a straight at all, shrug. Notice it's coming around and across durans chin, making his head turn. If it were a straight, his had would have just snapped back.

At best, it's a 'cross' - but if you're one of the many people who think a Cross and a Straight are the same punches, I mine as well just stop replying now.
              It's a straight, the reason why it lands at an angle is because of how Hearns is positioned, he's not directly in front of Duran and he's standing sideways. What misleads people into thinking it's a hook or a cross is because he threw the punch with his elbow flared instead of tucked but the trajectory of the punch is straight.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Light_Speed; 10-26-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Post the greatest straight right hands you've ever seen (I said straight). This is obviously inspired by the passing of Steward because many of his fighters had amazing straight right hands.

I'll start with a famous one :

Of course Hearns, Arguello, Lennox Lewis, Mayweather. I think Vlad has a crushing straight right too.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                      I've never seen that fight, but have always wondered...what was going on in that exact moment...why weren't his hands in place, or why wasn't he trying to move away from that telegraphed punch?

Was he rocked badly before ?????
                      Yeah, he had been down a couple times, if I remember correctly.

I don't think it's possible to beat the right hand that knocked Roberto freaking Duran out cold.

Comment

Working...
                      X