Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do undefeated fighters bring out so much hate from boxing community?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because a lot of the time fighters remain unbeaten by avoiding challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
      Top 10 or Top 5 of his Era. Mayweather is undefeated for a simple reason, he is one of the most elite fighter of his era!
      Yes, but bradle beat Pac who is better than anyone Floyd has beat. So is Bradley better than Floyd?
      We know Bradley aint as good as Pac thats for sure.

Comment

race does play a part, i dont care what anyone says.

but besides that, them being successful and dominant is a big thing that brings hate too. You can say the same for the Klitschkos.

but anyone thats hating on Ward needs to kill themselves. he fights nothing but the best and he dont talk ****. what excuse do you clowns have to hate on him for?

Comment

Originally posted by Catch~Fade View Post
          but anyone thats hating on Ward needs to kill themselves. he fights nothing but the best and he dont talk ****. what excuse do you clowns have to hate on him for?
          Ward is very good. He is Americas best fighter currently.

Comment

Originally posted by 9 TREY GKB View Post
            floyd - the most hated boxer period
            He's got a big mouth, is clearly not a model citizen, and there's a pretty good chance (almost as equal as it is for the other guy) that HE's the reason there is no Pacquiao fight (I personally blame Pacquiao's indecisive reasoning for why he won't do Olympic style blood testing as the reason the fight didn't happen at their peek... But at this point, I can't be sure)

Court Ruling...
            [JUSTIFIED]

broner - everyone who hates floyd hates broner too
            Similarly to Floyd, he's got a big mouth... Unlike Floyd, who didn't really get such a big head until he got close to the top of the p4p list... Broner hasn't done anything to earn the right to have a big mouth... (Not my opinion, but I do feel he does it more as a gimmick than it really being who he is)

Court Ruling...
            [JUSTIFIED]

ward - gets unwarranted hate when fighting nothing but the best
            He supposedly only fights in his hometown and apparently relies on hometown judges, and hometown reffing to win fights...

I have yet to see any of his fights end closely enough for hometown anything to be involved... And I have yet to see him do anything illegal that looked even "possibly" intentional (outside of the Bika fight, but Bika got away with it too)

Court Ruling...
            [UNJUSTIFIED]

bradley - hate coming from every direction esp pac fans
            He robbed everyone's favorite fighter, though it's doubt-able at best that he had anything to do with it... He didn't admit that he didn't deserve the win, and he didn't immediately return the "stolen" belt back to "its rightful owner" which would get him in the record books as the first fighter in the world to do so... Apparently its utterly impossible that he TRULY DOES feel he won the fight... Despite having a view of the fight nobody else other than Manny and maybe the referee had, its apparently impossible that he didn't see the fight the exact same way most others did from their TV's or from the crowd, or even ring-side

And he's apparently got this cocky new outlook on life after winning the fight, as he apparently has priced himself out of a few fights and thinks he's too good to fight anyone other than the people on Manny Pacquiao's level (Manny, Floyd... Marquez? That's about it in his weight class)... Unfortunately there has been no legitimate evidence of this

Now this one was close. but the court has decided...
            [UNJUSTIFIED]

garcia - the newest craze of hate is gathering towards him
            Other than people believing that he's not as good as his victories (which kind of doesn't make sense until u look at them for what they really are; a KO victory after losing every other second of the fight over a fighter with a glass jaw, and another over a VERY faded former great) I haven't really heard any hate for him

And to be honest, I can't really see any reason for there to be hate against him

Court Ruling...
            [UNJUSTIFIED]
            Last edited by JDezi4; 10-26-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I dont think Garcia is hated. Just people think the trash talking for khan was a bit unsavoury on team garcias part. And they wont admit that they needed it as they were insecure of being unable to beat khan without it.

Also beating up on old man Morales, not once, but twice.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 10-27-2012, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9 TREY GKB View Post
                floyd - the most hated boxer period

broner - everyone who hates floyd hates broner too

ward - gets unwarranted hate when fighting nothing but the best

bradley - hate coming from every direction esp pac fans

garcia - the newest craze of hate is gathering towards him
                Because most of them rode the Gravy Train?

Bradley and Ward are the only ones deserving of any respect.

Comment

the real reason wasn't put in the poll, probably because it's a troll poll

the real reason: most undefeated boxers don't take risks once they reach a certain point in their career

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    Because most of them rode the Gravy Train?

Bradley and Ward are the only ones deserving of any respect.

Ward gets hate because he consistently fights out of Oakland. IMO, it doesn't matter where he fighters, he's the best at 168.

Bradley is harder to defend. He clearly ducked Khan at LWW; but has fought some decent opposition. His win over Pacquiao is tainted, of course. I think the hate stems from some of the statements released by his camp post-Pacquiao.

Comment

It's more of an attitude towards fighters as a whole, it's nothing new. An undefeated fighter is seen as a perfect, unbeatable force when in a sense people tend to relate more to a flawed person.

He actually tried the 'People's Champions' approach after the olympic's putting on the some of the best Boxing clinics at SFW but no one gave a shit. So he dropped the Pretty Boy image and the rest is history. The fact that people make threads about him everyday when he's one of least active Boxers today shows how he's well doing his job.

Except from SRR: Bright Lights & Dark Shadows of a Champion.
                      "There's a quirk in American Hero worship, That I think people love you more if you've been humbled once or twice, if you're seen vulnerable, if you have a weakness. As with Robinson after he lost when he reached a level of being a mere mortal not a god, then he became more popular and more loved." - Jack Newfield

This same theory applies to Mayweather; coupled in with his brash talking 'Money' persona he's the most controversial figure in Boxing at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X