No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Emanuel Steward 1944-2012: A Legend Passes Away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    I'm gonna watch it now. Damn, this fckud my whole year up. I've been sad as hell all day.

I think we all feel like we lost a relative, friend, family friend, ect because we've been watching boxing for so long. When you hear his voice live for several times a month; several times a year, it feels like you actually know him.
    That's exactly how I feel. Its a voice I've been hearing since I was a kid. It will really hit you on the next big PPV bout when you don't hear his voice commentating ringside.

Comment

• OMG I just found out,I have not been on the site for awhile..My girl just told me..Sad day for boxing,I will miss Manny breaking down the sport I love...Miss him in the corner giving out instructions...The sport lost a great boxing mind and an overall nice man...Manny Stewart,you will be missed...

I'm changing my AVI when I get home...

Comment

• Originally posted by Medved View Post
        No, Mickey Rourke was working in a movie and hired Roach to train him, after their training he donated/gave Roach the gym for some unknown reason.

As Hollywood as you can get. anyways thats OT.
        My bad I got gyms mixed up, Roach started training fighters at Mickey Ward's gym called outlaw gym if I'm not mistaken and then when that gym closed down that's when he went to train Rourke at the Wild Card and ended up owning the gym.
        Last edited by Light_Speed; 10-25-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Rip manny steward

Comment

• May he Rest in Peace.

Comment

• Emanuel Steward advanced the sport of boxing and thanks to men like him we have a sport with such a rich culture and history. He poured his passion into our beloved sport and for that we thank him. May he rest in piece, thanks for all that you've done Emanuel. You were one of the good ones.

Comment

• Rest In Peace Manny.

Comment

• I for one am not ashamed to say that I shed a tear when I heard about his death. He is as part of my childhood as any other thing I can remember at this instant, hearing his voice and commentary brings me back to the days when me and my pops would religiously watch HBO boxing every saturday night that it was on.

Comment

• RIP Manny.

Comment

• Absolutely gutted to hear this. In a sport all of double talk, he was a beacon of decency and infinite knowledge. Truly a sad day.

Comment

Working...
                      X