Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about boxing returning to Network TV(NBC)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Bull****
    You are lying through your teeth right now. I never posted anything "techy" never posted anything on the specifications, I DARE YOU to bump that thread. And jeez I never would have how many people were so butthurt by that thread. Even that Android troll isn't complaining.

As for this thread, I am sure you have been watching boxing when I was watching cartoons. You are probably ALOT older then me. My point is, so many casual fans jump on bandwagons and one of the great bandwagons was your beloved Pacquiao, so of course you won't object.
    And again more name calling, seriously how old are you? quite pathetic really...

the only one that was butthurt in that thread was you...everyone else was laughing

again, you totally miss the big picture and make this a Pacquiao thing...like a limited imbecile

when i was growing up and watching this sport, we had SHOWDOWNS...PPV type fights...on FREE TV

wanna know why?

because A LOT OF PEOPLE were interested

they were so interested that advertisers WANTED to be involved with networks in putting these fights on

any step in going back to that, any fan should be in favor of

but instead, how do assh0les like you react?

'oh no, people that are interested but dont know much might talk boxing to me'

get over yourself...

long term benefits of expanded coverage >>>> your petty ass qualms

Comment

Tell me who's alt am I?

Lets see how dumb you can get in one post..
      Lol, I think he was talking about me, mate.

I might not be an alt, but I do live under a rock. I am currently browsing this forum via a potato.

Comment

Tell me who's alt am I?

Lets see how dumb you can get in one post..

i never claimed it was YOUR alt...yet you automatically jumped the gun...

empty your drool cup and log off, son...you've had enough for one day

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          the only one that was butthurt in that thread was you...everyone else was laughing

again, you totally miss the big picture and make this a Pacquiao thing...like a limited imbecile
          when i was growing up and watching this sport, we had SHOWDOWNS...PPV type fights...on FREE TV
          wanna know why?
          because A LOT OF PEOPLE were interested
          they were so interested that advertisers WANTED to be involved with networks in putting these fights on
          any step in going back to that, any fan should be in favor of
          but instead, how do assh0les like you react?
          'oh no, people that are interested but dont know much might talk boxing to me'
          get over yourself...
          long term benefits of expanded coverage >>>> your petty ass qualms
          Again I ask you to bump that thread so everyone can see 1 how you are a liar. And 2 the only one who took that thread seriously was a ****** named.......Makaveli and an idiot troll named Android.

The big picture is, more casual uninformed fans more lame ass hype. More lame ass hype more lame ass fights. But you love riding that hype d1ck don't you..

Comment

Again I ask you to bump that thread so everyone can see 1 how you are a liar. And 2 the only one who took that thread seriously was a ****** named.......Makaveli and an idiot troll named Android.

The big picture is, more casual uninformed fans more lame ass hype. More lame ass hype more lame ass fights. But you love riding that hype d1ck don't you..

yes, because right now, boxing is such a beacon for great fights

it's lame ass hype that's pushed the boxing to depend on two major networks and ppv

the more outlets available, the more the competition between networks rises...just look at HBO and Showtime...always trying to outdo each other for ratings...another major player, especially a network giant like NBC only raises the bar..or at least gives it that chance to raise the bar

but again, i dont expect you to get it...you're more worried about what new fans would be saying instead of enjoying FREE fights

Comment

I think it actually means very very little.

Every girl I've met the past fear years won't shut up about True Blood; an HBO show. Everyone loves The Wire and The Sopranos, also on HBO.

Making it more accessible might rope in a couple of people, but that's it.

Comment

Definitely a step in the right direction.....

Comment

It's great for the sport but as usual promoters are half assing it. They should relaunch boxing with a bang, instead it's more like a whistle. Adamek and Cunningham aren't known in the US. If they set low ratings it will only reflect poorly on boxing. But I suppose Duva is giving them the best boxers they have, it's just a shame they aren't better known.

Canelo would have been the perfect boxer to start with. He's not too high maintenance, he's well known and already has a large Mexican fan base. GB screwed the pooch big time there.

TS also forgot to mention that GB have a network deal with CBS to air six boxers from the US Olympic team. Again this is GB being as stingy as possible. It's like they were making a big fuss about making this network deal then reached into their pockets and threw some pocket change at CBS.

I suspect this CBS deal was the reason NBC crammed Olympic boxing onto CNBC. They wouldn't risk giving them a large amount of exposure only to then hand them straight over to a rival network. They'd have been helping CBS for no reason.

Comment

network television is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      I think it actually means very very little.

Every girl I've met the past fear years won't shut up about True Blood; an HBO show. Everyone loves The Wire and The Sopranos, also on HBO.

Making it more accessible might rope in a couple of people, but that's it.
                      What are you trying to say exactly? The Wire had **** ratings on HBO, especially for one of their major shows. The Sopranos had great ratings by HBO standards but it was still largely cut off from a big audience. I think the final episode managed a high of around 5 million on HBO. Had that been on a network like CBS you could be talking more than 20 million viewers.

A good example of how this work is that tennis when on HBO manages around 200k to 600k viewers. Tennis when it's on network TV in the US has managed around 6 million.
                      Last edited by croz; 10-23-2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X