Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Sergio Martinez really done to impress all of you so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
    Not much I can say here...

The fact is that Sergio was the underdog leading to the fight; going up in weight to fight the middleweight lineal champ.

It's not his fault that some clairvoyant from NSB knew all along that it was a mismatch, so I don't see how it takes away from his accomplishment. I hope you made a lot of money that night.
    i didnt say it takes away from his accomplishments. you said that, not me. i think martinez is a decent fighter, i think pavlik is a crap fighter. end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      i didnt say it takes away from his accomplishments. you said that, not me. i think martinez is a decent fighter, i think pavlik is a crap fighter. end of story.
      You added an "s" there and changed the whole meaning of my post. And yes, saying Pavlik was crap does take away from this accomplishment (singular).

Comment

Pavlik is a bit arse but I think it was more the way Sergio stepped up in his first fight at 160 against a much bigger man who was lineal champ and beat the piss out of him in the final few rounds of the fight when it was quite even at the middle. It was the performance/achievement more than the actual win over Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
          You added an "s" there and changed the whole meaning of my post. And yes, saying Pavlik was crap does take away from this accomplishment (singular).
          dont get your knickers in a twist.

Comment

If he hasn't impressed you already then he most likely never will, HONESTLY.
            Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 10-23-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

You know you made it in boxing when you get the Mayweather treatment.

With that said, Pactarts are still angry at Sergio because Pac said no to his own demands towards him. Pac set all the road blocks and then turned down his own damn offer!

Not to mention that ANY Chavez Jr die hard fan would tell you that Martinez just beat the living **** out of the best fighter ever to lace them up.... EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
                I'm not criticizing Martinez, and I think he is a good champion, but what impressive victories does he have that has caused so many people to rate him so high.

I know the Williams knockout was impressive, his win against Kelly Pavlik was ok I guess.

But what else, what I'm I missing?
                He counted the stripes of a zebra. Also, he recycles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  If he hasn't impressed you already then he most likely never will, HONESTLY.
                  It's due to being a fraudulent fan of the sport. This pertains mostly to the little pactarts who have this agenda towards Martinez.

Which I find a bit ironic because Martinez is dominating everyone put in front of him, not to mention fighting/dominating guys bigger than him.

Only difference is, Martinez is at least fighting title holders and/or Champions. Something Pac isn't even doing in the weight class he's actually fighting in.

You don't have to like Martinez, but there is a reason he is top P4P (#2 on my list, right below Ward).

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                    If he would have learned english since the beggining of his career, I bet 100% he would out sell and have a high rating then Mayweather Or Pacquaio.
                    Yep, He has the entertaining style, looks, charisma, charm. I always said he should have learned english. I can see that guy being the biggest star in america. He looks like a super model. I remember they even put him on tmz, and ragged on him for not speaking english. If he could, they would have him on there all the time. The kid is a star.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      Only difference is, Martinez is at least fighting title holders and/or Champions. Something Pac isn't even doing in the weight class he's actually fighting in.
                      What's the last guy Pac fought that never won a belt, like Macklin? How about the last Pac opponent that's never ranked top 10 in any division, like Barker?

Comment

Working...
                      X