Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please explain how Floyd beats P-will (prime) at 147.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Unfortunately Paul Williams doesnt fight on the end of his jab.... He throws shots on his way in, he bends down to the opponents size and throws looping combos nonstop.

Floyd could get outworked or williams could countered to death... Or both.
    I think a bit of both. I know what P-Will can do, and I also never underestimate a fighter of Floyd's caliber.

Damn, ADP02 broke it down like a mad scientist though!!!
    Last edited by timboslice708; 10-22-2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

not even Martinez slowed him down much...Oh yeah, he didn't slow him down at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JAW View Post
        not even Martinez slowed him down much...Oh yeah, he didn't slow him down at all.
        Actually, Id say he slowed him down to a dead stop.

Comment

What ever Quintana did,,,,, way better

Comment

Williams is throwing 60 shots per round max against Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
              Williams is throwing 60 shots per round max against Floyd.
              LOL. He didn't care about getting tagged against Martinez, but a smaller and weaker Floyd makes him hesitant?

Comment

Originally posted by JAW View Post
                Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                Actually, Id say he slowed him down to a dead stop.
                but until then Williams was doing well. It took a KO to stop Williams .... like I said in my previous post, Martinez has size and power in which Floyd does NOT have.

Floyd usually has opponents that tire out and slow down by the 2nd half of the fight. Williams has the same workrate from round 1 to 12.

Floyd has a relatively low work-rate and depends on his skills to slow down his opponent. Due to the reasons already mentioned in my previous post, Williams has the advantage in many areas.

Comment

@timbo You don't get what Floyd does then. Martnez doesn't slow fighters down the way Floyd does. It's not a power issue. It's about footwork, feints, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                    @timbo You don't get what Floyd does then. Martnez doesn't slow fighters down the way Floyd does. It's not a power issue. It's about footwork, feints, etc.
                    Yes, foot work and feints lead into all that. But he has to land the right hand at a consistent enough rate, in order for his feints to be effective. But even then, I don't think Floyd's power really makes P-Will jump at every feint. He'd walk through it, like he does with 99.9% of his fights, excluding the 2nd Martinez bout.

What really tires his opponents out is them missing and him landing jabs to the body, and short lead rights to the body in the clinch. Watch his fights carefully. He is a master at implementing sneaky body shots.

Im guessing when you say footwork, it means his opponents chasing him. That's no problem with a guy like P-Will who has never had a problem finding his opponent and landing.

For example, watch what Martinez did to Cahvez Jr's body that whole fight from rd. 1. Floyd does that in every one of his fights.

The problem is, he's never faced someone with P-Will's reach, and tenacity. He'd get hit over and over. Also, he wouldn't be able to rest on the ropes like he ususally does against his opponents. He wouldn't be afforded that luxury. He'd be forced into a dog fight from the opening bell.
                    Last edited by timboslice708; 10-23-2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

We've seen it a thousand times. A fighter with a historically good workrate fights Floyd and can't get the shots off like they're used to.

Comment

Working...
                      X