Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please explain how Floyd beats P-will (prime) at 147.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAW View Post
    Paul Williams uses Mayweather's style against him? Ok...Paul would come in with full force, get countered and clenched often and eventually get out pointed via a combo of getting turned, pot-shotted and a fair amount of what looks suspiciously like running. Mayweather, 8-4.
    If Paul Williams fights on the end of his jab and keeps the distance, its a wrap. What would Floyd do? Its not in his nature to come in, throwing caution to the wind.

Comment

Such drones in here. Quintana is a crafty southpaw that's willing to slug it out with you. In what way does Floyd's style resemble his???

Like I said before. Southpaws with mean lead hands give P-Will trouble. Let me rephrase that. South paws with balls of steel give him trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
        If Paul Williams fights on the end of his jab and keeps the distance, its a wrap. What would Floyd do? Its not in his nature to come in, throwing caution to the wind.
        Paul is a fun fighter to watch, but never the top of the craft. He is and always has been open to counters. You talk as if Mayweather is just going to stand there. His defense/counter game is easily better than Williams offense.

Comment

Paul is a fun fighter to watch, but never the top of the craft. He is and always has been open to counters. You talk as if Mayweather is just going to stand there. His defense/counter game is easily better than Williams offense.
          Might be. But does he have enough skill to overcome P-Will's style, and physical attributes?

Why'd I even ask that? Your just gonna day yes. Lol. Jk jk.

Beating margarito the way he did, showed me he's a certified killer. At that point I didn't think any 147 fighter could beat him. Although quintana did, he whooped him up silly in the rematch. No one wanted to see Paul Williams around that time. Hindsight is 20/20. Its easy to say, yeah he wasn't that good, because he got KO'd by another killer. But c'mon man. He beats most, if not all 147 lb. fighters of this era. Quite handily IMO.
          Last edited by timboslice708; 10-22-2012, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Might be. But does he have enough skill to overcome P-Will's style, and physical attributes?

Why'd I even ask that? Your just gonna day yes. Lol. Jk jk.

Beating margarito the way he did, showed me he's a certified killer. At that point I didn't think any 147 fighter could beat him. Although quintana did, he whooped him up silly in the rematch. No one wanted to see Paul Williams around that time. Hindsight is 20/20. Its easy to say, yeah he wasn't that good, because he got KO'd by another killer. But c'mon man. He beats most, if not all 147 lb. fighters of this era. Quite handily IMO.
            Hey, 43 have tried..or 42? 44? Whatever, I think he would still steal it on the cards, even if it was close. Just don't see Williams overwhelming to the point of knock-out. More like a Oscar/Floyd-style fight. Messy, hard to watch at times and with a lot of people saying the loser was robbed.

Comment

Hey, 43 have tried..or 42? 44? Whatever, I think he would still steal it on the cards, even if it was close. Just don't see Williams overwhelming to the point of knock-out. More like a Oscar/Floyd-style fight. Messy, hard to watch at times and with a lot of people saying the loser was robbed.
              I respect that answer. Your probably right too.

Comment

I respect that answer. Your probably right too.
                Thanks. I try not to be biased, just honest based on what I have seen before.

Comment

Unfortunately Paul Williams doesnt fight on the end of his jab.... He throws shots on his way in, he bends down to the opponents size and throws looping combos nonstop.

Floyd could get outworked or williams could countered to death... Or both.

Comment

P will never used his biggest advantage..against martinez he proved it..thats y he got clipped

Comment

P. Williams has a reach, height, work-rate advantage. Williams had problems with southpaws but even then, he did relatively well against Martinez who is very mobile, has power and a P4P top fighter. So with Floyd you would get someone who doesn't have Martinez's power or size. Consequently, advantage Williams.

Floyd would NOT be able to use his usual defensive (shoulder roll) stance effectively because Williams is a southpaw PLUS has the height and reach advantage that he can be able to hit Floyd with BOTH hands.

Floyd depends on his defense to slow down his opponents work-rate. Like I said above, Floyd would have trouble using his defense to do that. Also, Williams is hard to slow down ... not even Martinez slowed him down much. If Floyd had huge power that may slow him down for a few rounds but Williams would throw caution to the wind after a few rounds.

Floyd's offense usually is to pot shot his way to a win. Again, Floyd's defense will not be as effective and therefore will not be able to counter a Paul Williams who has a reach, height and work-rate advantage.

Floyd has shown to have issues with someone who has a good jab. Williams with his reach, height and work-rate would be better than most who have tried against Floyd.

Some may say, Floyd would move around to avoid getting hit. Even here, we saw that Martinez, who is also mobile, was still being found and hit by Williams.

So Williams has many more advantages than Floyd.
                      Last edited by ADP02; 10-22-2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X