Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Says Being a "Free Agent" Was The Only Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

curious what he & Trout are making...a "champ" & Cottto,the draw...Cotto has 2 b making more...together, not more than $5M...

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
      cotto just said what most knowledgable boxing fans already knew, scumbag bob's a liar and if anyone would know that he's a liar first hand it would be someone who's spent most of his career under his promotion, but he didn't call him a despicable cretin because he may have to do business with him one day so i'll say it for him, scumbag bob's a "despicable cretin". what he subjected cotto to in the margarito fight (and possilbly the pacquiao fight) was criminal. leaving that scumbag was the best thing he could ever do for his career. you would think pacquiao would do the same thing, but he's either cut from the same cloth or scumbag bob is holding some serious bricks over his head, because there's no way your supposedly making 20-25 million per fight and resign your contract for a mere 1 million dollar signing bonus.
      Say word? did Manny really do this?

Comment

Very fitting to have Cotto on the top echelon of boxing moguls along side Oscar and Floyd. It's what all boxers should aspire to achieve. Few will but the goal should be a on their agenda.

Comment

I honestly feel (This is my opinion) that Manny Pacquiao is just lazy in regards to his business. Here is a guy who doesn't have much of a education and was eating dog on the streets as a youth and now he is making millions of dollars. He probably knows he can be making more but doesn't really need that much to live lavishly in the Philippines. That doesn't excuse the fact that at this point Manny Pacquiao is supposed to be way bigger financial wise than he currently is. The numbers just don't add up and coincide with the kind of fame his name holds. I guess it didn't help much having Bob Arum pick out his adviser. In business you don't have your promotional company choose a legal adviser for you who is a friend of your promotional company. That's called a conflict of interest. Plus it seems like Manny has a lot of people hands in his pockets. Also, if it is true that Manny has had gambling problems and called Bob Arum for advances on his fights only in the thousands then you know for sure that Bob has Manny on lock. Arum killed the investigation of Vision Quest into Pacquiao funds. Come on now. Oscar, Mayweather, then Cotto. All left to further their careers and make bigger money. Manny should have been one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            I honestly feel (This is my opinion) that Manny Pacquiao is just lazy in regards to his business. Here is a guy who doesn't have much of a education and was eating dog on the streets as a youth and now he is making millions of dollars. He probably knows he can be making more but doesn't really need that much to live lavishly in the Philippines. That doesn't excuse the fact that at this point Manny Pacquiao is supposed to be way bigger financial wise than he currently is. The numbers just don't add up and coincide with the kind of fame his name holds. I guess it didn't help much having Bob Arum pick out his adviser. In business you don't have your promotional company choose a legal adviser for you who is a friend of your promotional company. That's called a conflict of interest. Plus it seems like Manny has a lot of people hands in his pockets. Also, if it is true that Manny has had gambling problems and called Bob Arum for advances on his fights only in the thousands then you know for sure that Bob has Manny on lock. Arum killed the investigation of Vision Quest into Pacquiao funds. Come on now. Oscar, Mayweather, then Cotto. All left to further their careers and make bigger money. Manny should have been one of them.
            Pacquioa didn't eat dog, his father ate his dog.

Comment

He will stay a free agent, I hope others will will his lead

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Clearly, you didn't even read the article initially.
                WTF I was commenting on posts. Clearly you dont know what the F you are talking about know it all.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  Read the article homie. Cotto big ups Top Rank for everything they've done for him and he mentioned it in prior interviews.
                  Read the thread i wasn't commenting on the article. I know what cotto said.

Comment

Cotto is a smart man, he knows all a middle man does its get in the way and collect.
                    can't wait for Cotto vs Trout.
                    #War Cotto

Comment

Working...
                    X