Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else not care for the 24/7 series at all?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24/7 has revolutionized the PPV market. There's a reason Showtime and networks overseas are copycatting the look and style of 24/7 to promote their boxing shows. 24/7 like programming translates to millions upon millions of additional revenue.

It made Floyd Mayweather the household name that he is today. Put tens upon tens of millions of dollars in Floyd's pocket and made him the single highest paid athlete on Earth.

24/7 is one of the most important television programs in sports history and will go down a legend in the broadcasting business. Might want to get used to it. That show isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      24/7 has revolutionized the PPV market. There's a reason Showtime and networks overseas are copycatting the look and style of 24/7 to promote their boxing shows. 24/7 like programming translates to millions upon millions of additional revenue.

It made Floyd Mayweather the household name that he is today. Put tens upon tens of millions of dollars in Floyd's pocket and made him the single highest paid athlete on Earth.

24/7 is one of the most important television programs in sports history and will go down a legend in the broadcasting business. Might want to get used to it. That show isn't going anywhere.
      Hardly. Just look at the rating.

I am used to it. I pretty much never watch it. It's reality show and reality shows are BS if you really understand how films/TV are made. Simple as that.

I think you have it reversed. Ppl who already made up their mind payin for PPV watch it intently. Not the other way around. Remember, check the rating.

Comment

I think they should shorten the amount of episodes to 1 and as already mention, it shouldnt just be PPV fights.

2 weeks out: the HBO FACEOFF (30 min)
        1 week out: 24/7 (1 hr)
        day prior: final press & Weigh in

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
          Hardly. Just look at the rating.

I am used to it. I pretty much never watch it. It's reality show and reality shows are BS if you really understand how films/TV are made. Simple as that.

I think you have it reversed. Ppl who already made up their mind payin for PPV watch it intently. Not the other way around. Remember, check the rating.
          Pfffffffffft. You're talking out of your ass. Check the rating?? lmao! You post up "the ratings" you're referring to right here. HBO has been so wildly successful with 24/7 they expanded it NASCAR and the NHL. They've done 16 versions of this show in 5 years just for boxing alone.

You tell me, genius. How is this show doing so well if nobody is watching it??

Comment

Pfffffffffft. You're talking out of your ass. Check the rating?? lmao! You post up "the ratings" you're referring to right here. HBO has been so wildly successful with 24/7 they expanded it NASCAR and the NHL. They've done 16 versions of this show in 5 years just for boxing alone.

You tell me, genius. How is this show doing so well if nobody is watching it??
            Yeah u REAL genius. 24/7 is such a success for HBO boxing. Look at last 2-3 years what it did for HBO boxing. They even had to change boss at the top.
            I rest my case.

I know you gonna watch 24/7 for Pacquiao/JMM IV. ARe you serious? You need to watch 24/7 for them two AGAIN?

The truth is that 24/7 is trite or worst yet stale, it's formulaic and it's geared for idiots who already would pay for PPV. 24/7 is increasingly becoming inconsequential.

Get the fuck outta here.

Comment

Yeah u REAL genius. 24/7 is such a success for HBO boxing. Look at last 2-3 years what it did for HBO boxing. They even had to change boss at the top.
              I rest my case.

I know you gonna watch 24/7 for Pacquiao/JMM IV. ARe you serious? You need to watch 24/7 for them two AGAIN?

The truth is that 24/7 is trite or worst yet stale, it's formulaic and it's geared for idiots who already would pay for PPV. 24/7 is increasingly becoming inconsequential.

Get the fuck outta here.
              Where are the ratings? Oh yeah. You're full of crap. Nevermind.

Comment

Where are the ratings? Oh yeah. You're full of crap. Nevermind.
                Tell me how well it did for HBO boxing.

NHL, NFL, NASCAR is ALREADY exposed to the mainstream. Ppl watch it anyways. You don't get it.

Let me know what happens in the each of the ten installment of JMM/Pacquaio IV 24/7.

PPV and cable would do nothin for the status of boxing.

Comment

It's not that bad. However I have no interest in the Pac/Marquez 4 episodes.

Comment

Tell me how well it did for HBO boxing.

NHL, NFL, NASCAR is ALREADY exposed to the mainstream. Ppl watch it anyways. You don't get it.

Let me know what happens in the each of the ten installment of JMM/Pacquaio IV 24/7.

PPV and cable would do nothin for the status of boxing.
                    How well has it done for HBO Boxing? Well. This is the show that created copy cats, spinoffs, and 16 republishes. In TV terms that's called "outrageous success." This is the show that created the richest athlete on Earth.

Moving along... You don't like the show. Awesome. I get it.

Comment

How well has it done for HBO Boxing? Well. This is the show that created copy cats, spinoffs, and 16 republishes. In TV terms that's called "outrageous success." This is the show that created the richest athlete on Earth.

Moving along... You don't like the show. Awesome. I get it.
                      It did so well that the head of the Boxing got canned. It's all internal spin.

NHL, NFL, Nascar do well W/O HBO advertising it. It's just a long ad. If you like long ad, go for it.

BTW i get more out of boxing from this site, some of the youtube boxing footage/ even blog radios with some insightful commentary than the time watching 24/7. YMMV.
                      Last edited by sdcluser; 10-22-2012, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X