No announcement yet.

Brook vs Alexander: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook vs Alexander: Who wins?

If I had to pick them now I think I'd definitely go for Devon Alexander, thoughts?
    Brook
    58.00%
    Alexander
    42.00%

neither are very good

depends where the fight is held

Comment

Tough call.

We learnt nothing re. Brook last night.

Comment

Brook; be it in the US or UK.

Unless Devon can do what he does best and bore the life out of Brook, I'm going with Kell who I believe is more skilled, a better puncher and generally the better fighter.

Comment

I'd love to see this fight in the UK. Arguably, it's bigger here, too.

Hopefully Eddie Hearn has something up his sleeve.

Comment

Comment

Brook kicks Alexander's ass. If Alexander wants to box, Brook beats him at range with his superior jab. If Alexander wants to make it a war (lol) Brooks heart and solid punching power will eventually break him down.

Basically, there is no way Brook can lose against Alexander unless he gets hit with a hell mary, but judging by Alexander's last 4 fights, it doesn't look like he can pull the trigger any more. He looks terrible every time he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post

no way golden boy loses the purse bid. the fight will be held in st louis.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                  Brook kicks Alexander's ass. If Alexander wants to box, Brook beats him at range with his superior jab. If Alexander wants to make it a war (lol) Brooks heart and solid punching power will eventually break him down.

Basically, there is no way Brook can lose against Alexander unless he gets hit with a hell mary, but judging by Alexander's last 4 fights, it doesn't look like he can pull the trigger any more. He looks terrible every time he fights.
                  He seems scared to engage for some reason.

Against Maidana he was able to throw without that fear as Maidana just covers up when you are throwing, and he looked good, but I don't know how active he would be against someone who can box and counter with hard and accurate shots.

Not to mention he's a pitty-pat puncher. He tries to disguise it by screaming like a b!tch everytime he throws, but it doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                    Brook kicks Alexander's ass. If Alexander wants to box, Brook beats him at range with his superior jab.If Alexander wants to make it a war (lol) Brooks heart and solid punching power will eventually break him down.

Alexander is far more skilled than Brook at this stage of the game, and has faced by far the better competition, look at the run of fighters he's been through, I'd say he has faced probably 6-7 fighters in a row that are better than anyone Brook has faced, experience matters.

He also has a very good chin, he has faced far bigger punchers than Brook and always takes it well.

It's a good fight, very interesting, it is not at all a pre-determined victory for Kell Brook.

Comment

Working...
                    X