Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morales dispelled the myth of the glass chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Khan had been hit on the chin (instead of neck/ear) like Morales was, he would stay down 5/10 min at least

Comment

Lol getting caught right on the chin is much worse than getting caught on the neck. Khan is a KO waiting to happen every fight. How some people still haven't grasped this is amazing to me.

Comment

It didn't dispell ****, Morales is a washed up fighter way above his best weight while Khan is in his prime.

Comment

The bottom line is, Garcia packs a lot of power behind that left hook and if you get caught with a full connection your likely to go down.

I don't agree with khan not having a chin he was caught with some huge bombs from Peterson and Maidana which he arguably resisted. He does not seem to possess any defensive or survival tactics.

Comment

getting brutally ko'd twice, nearly ko'd another time, and knocked down 3 times against hand picked opponents and you still need more evidence?

Comment

I know Morales and that was only Morales in name last night.

Only Khan can try to disprove the claims made.

Comment

Khan is chinny.

If that is not a fact then I know longer have any idea of what the word 'Cheese' means. It could be a dairy product made with milk or it could be a top of cotton-rich headdress.

Khan is chinny.

Because if he isn't then the world doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                  That KO of Morales was strikingly similar to when Khan was KO'd by Garcia. I mean damn, it was almost a spitting image. A lot of people claimed Khan was glass-chinned but we know now that's just not true. Garcia has just perfected that shot and any fighter would have gone down the same way - anyone! That has got to be the most devastating punch in the whole division.

In fact, truth is Khan was able to take the punch better than Morales in some ways because he got caught with it the round before but still lasted through to the next round and was on his feet when the fight was stopped!
                  LOL, Morales spent most of his career at bantamweight/featherweight, and we all knew he was older and slower all while fighting at 140lbs, while having gone through many wars.

Comment

Wow people better watch out for Garcias left hook. He may be a rubbish boxer and fighter and have nothing other than that punch, but it works.

But the one that caught Morales seemed more loaded up and caught Morales good and proper like people said.

Also khan had a minute to recover but couldnt.
                    But its about time someone else can stop Morales other than Pac. Shame they had to wait another 5 years or so for Morales to age to do what Pac did. I doubt Garcia will be criticised for koing a shop worn Morales though like Pac did even though when Pac won Morales wasnt close to being shop worn.
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 10-21-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Wow people better watch out for Garcias left hook. He may be a rubbish boxer and fighter and have nothing other than that punch, but it works.

But the one that caught Morales seemed more loaded up and caught Morales good and proper like people said.

Also khan had a minute to recover but couldnt.
                      But its about time someone else can stop Morales other than Pac. Shame they had to wait another 5 years or so for Morales to age to do what Pac did. I doubt Garcia will be criticised for koing a shop worn Morales though like Pac did even though when Pac won Morales wasnt close to being shop worn.

garcia isn't a one trick pony. he's actually pretty well rounded. he's got a good chin, too. he's a nice fighter. he's not really wowwing me with anything in particular (maybe other than that left hook,) but he's a solid fighter with very good counterpunching skills for a young kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X