Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Donaire fights and beat Rigondeaux, is he the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dzin WAS ranked top 10 at 154 and fighting him was not Martinez's option. He fought Dzin when the whole thing with HBO and the Zbik fight happened. Im not sure about Barker, dan_cov can probably verify that.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Dzin WAS ranked top 10 at 154 and fighting him was not Martinez's option. He fought Dzin when the whole thing with HBO and the Zbik fight happened. Im not sure about Barker, dan_cov can probably verify that.
      I'm sure, no need to verify, Barker had never been ranked top 10. I'm surprised they put Dz back in for beating that Aussie clubfighter

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        I'm sure, no need to verify, Barker had never been ranked top 10. I'm surprised they put Dz back in for beating that Aussie clubfighter
        But the fact remains that Martinez beat Pavlik and P Will before hand. And just beat the most (arguably) proven of the middle weights in JCC jr. I mean I'll take jcc jr and Macklin over Nishioka and Rigo. We have to take into account the sheer size of Donaire in comparison to his competition. Donaire at 115 was like him fighting kids. Vic was a good win, as was Montiel, and nishioka..but both P. Will and Pavlik trump all those wins...maybe even individually. It is what it is. I'm a huge fan of Donaire but he just needs to erase any doubt in a division where he's the only "p4p" contender. None of them are even fringe top 10 yet. There's no excuse for fighting Arce, maybe even Vazquez Jr... Just my opinion. At the end of the day, Donaire is fighting fights he's supposed to win quite clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
          Stupid poll options could you just put no he is not the goat which obviously he's not anyway. Stupid all around

Lol, obviously I was just exaggerating my point, as I clearly state in the first sentence of the thread

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            Vic was a good win, as was Montiel, and nishioka..but both P. Will and Pavlik trump all those wins...maybe even individually.
            Pavlik had already been exposed by Hopkins. The Williams win was very good but not better than Montiel or Vic.

Comment

I expect Donaire to knock Rigo out.....

I'd give him more credit for beating Moreno or Mares

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                I expect Donaire to knock Rigo out.....

I'd give him more credit for beating Moreno or Mares
                So would any sane fan of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Pavlik had already been exposed by Hopkins. The Williams win was very good but not better than Montiel or Vic.
                  In my opinion, the P Will win was significantly better than both the Vic and Montiel win in terms of significance.

I'm also baffled by the "Pavlik was exposed". He fought Bernard Hopkins. He just lost to a great fighter. Martinez was much smaller than Pavlik. Martinez wasn't supposed to beat Pavlik or P Will. Did you really think Donaire could lose to Montiel? I didn't... It was a great win, but he was the favorite imo.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Why would I take your word for it when you said Dzin wasn't ranked by the RING at 154 when he actually was? Why take the word of a hater trying to discredit Martinez's run just to hype up Donaire's?

Every single one of Martinez's wins were in good fashion. Unlike Donaire who didn't do **** vs Narvaez and almost lost to Mathebula.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      In my opinion, the P Will win was significantly better than both the Vic and Montiel win in terms of significance.

I'm also baffled by the "Pavlik was exposed". He fought Bernard Hopkins. He just lost to a great fighter. Martinez was much smaller than Pavlik. Martinez wasn't supposed to beat Pavlik or P Will. Did you really think Donaire could lose to Montiel? I didn't... It was a great win, but he was the favorite imo.
                      They hype Donaire's wins up so much that they will tell you the Vazquez win was better than Macklin or JCC Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X