No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Uzelkov: I am Outraged By Cleverly, He is Just Scared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Uzelkov: I am Outraged By Cleverly, He is Just Scared

The fight of Vyacheslav Uzelkov (27-2, 16 KOs) and WBO light heavyweight Nathan Cleverly (24-0, 11 KOs) has been scheduled for October 27, 2012. However, that battle never happened as it is became known that Cleverly planned encounter with Ryan Coyne (21-0, 9 KOs) at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California on November 10th.

[Click Here To Read More]

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Comment

Got to say, I agree with Uzelkov about Cleverly's people on this.

Uzelkov stopped Gabriel Campillo a while back, & is a tough, solid performer, who should of been able to test Cleverly.
      He was also widely outpointed by Beibut Shumenov and has trouble with speed & movement, so it also should of been a winnable fight for Cleverly against a respected guy.

Not a good sign for Cleverly's career if they are being this careful with him, because he should be well ready for likes of Uzelkov if he is going to a major threat to the top guys.

Comment

Cleverly is a joke

Comment

I can't believe Cleverly calls himself Champion of the World.

Comment

Uzelkov fought like a corpse against Shumenov and he has done nothing of note since then, so it's not like he deserved a title shot against Cleverly in the first place. However, Cleverly is clearly following in the Erdei model as a WBO "champion."

Comment

Cleverly may or may not go on to prove himself at the very top level but he is a warrior who isn't in fear of anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Thickear View Post
                Cleverly may or may not go on to prove himself at the very top level but he is a warrior who isn't in fear of anybody.
                You must be trolling mate because his quality of opposition is ****ing pathetic, i'd expect a prospect to take on better fighters, and not only that he's clearly struggling to look good against basic journeymen.

I used to be a big fan of cleverly but he isn't developing at all and worse than that he has the audacity to wear that worthless trinket around his waist and spit names like Hopkins, Dawson and Froch while fighting the utter dregs of the division over, and over again.

Pathetic.

Comment

Cleverly should be embarrassed to call himself a World champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    You must be trolling mate because his quality of opposition is ****ing pathetic, i'd expect a prospect to take on better fighters, and not only that he's clearly struggling to look good against basic journeymen.

I used to be a big fan of cleverly but he isn't developing at all and worse than that he has the audacity to wear that worthless trinket around his waist and spit names like Hopkins, Dawson and Froch while fighting the utter dregs of the division over, and over again.

Pathetic.
                    I agree with every word.

I was excited about Cleverly at one point, I couldn't care less anymore. I'm sick of having to google his opponents because of never heard of them. I do give Warren plenty of credit for the joke his career is becoming though.

Comment

Working...
                    X