Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomasz Adamek vs. Steve Cunningham II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also BJ is very very biased, and EVEN he had it 5-5 going into the 12th, come on now. The margin of defeat was wrong, IMO....but PAC-Bradley was a robbery ...this was NOTHING like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Yet a lot more people had it around 9-3 than 6-6 or an Adamek win.

I want to figure out how they could get a 115-112 card....
      9-3 was the right score IMO. I could see 8-4.

Comment

• Either way both guys would get dominated by Kubrat Pulev and that is now Tomasz's unfortunate fate. I'm just thankful it wasn't a draw because Pulev would have had to wait around for a rematch before having the title eliminator.

Comment

• These men are top ten heavies? Adameks had his mouth open by the 7th round and I have no idea why! Cunningham is a former champ who doesn't have a clue how to tie up his opponent?
          I can't fault their overall effort but honestly wheres the talent level at these days? No body work by either man, virtually no 3 and 4 punch combinations and No inside fighting at all, NONE!!
          This is why I say boxing for the most part in the heavyweight division is so poor and talentless its not worth watching. After seeing Donaire, Broner, Trout and Quererro and others who wants to see the heavies, they're so limited!! The so-called champs look exactly the same, slow, one dimentional and boring!!

Give them a draw, and have another go in Atlantic City in 10 weeks!! Ray.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medved View Post
            I hope there were camera's on Lou DiBella, fixing the fight son.

But what kind of scores were these, how do u get 115-115 then go 115-113?
            Adamek is with Main Events and Duva, Dibella isn't involved with Tomasz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              These men are top ten heavies? Adameks had his mouth open by the 7th round and I have no idea why! Cunningham is a former champ who doesn't have a clue how to tie up his opponent?
              I can't fault their overall effort but honestly wheres the talent level at these days? No body work by either man, virtually no 3 and 4 punch combinations and No inside fighting at all, NONE!!
              This is why I say boxing for the most part in the heavyweight division is so poor and talentless its not worth watching. After seeing Donaire, Broner, Trout and Quererro and others who wants to see the heavies, they're so limited!! The so-called champs look exactly the same, slow, one dimentional and boring!!

Give them a draw, and have another go in Atlantic City in 10 weeks!! Ray.
              Cunningham was outweighed by like 20 pounds. He could have tied up Adamek more, but he still did a fairly good job of protecting himself against Adamek's power.

I didn't expect Cunningham to potentially expose himself by throwing combinations.

Comment

• Originally posted by King- View Post
                Also BJ is very very biased, and EVEN he had it 5-5 going into the 12th, come on now. The margin of defeat was wrong, IMO....but PAC-Bradley was a robbery ...this was NOTHING like that.
                BJ said he had Cunningham up by a round going into the 12th I believe. He had it 6-5 Cunningham.

Comment

• The commentator had it 6-5-1 for Cunningham.

Comment

• First thought to come to my mind is that Cunningham got jobbed. It was close, but no way can you score the fight for Adamek.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      First thought to come to my mind is that Cunningham got jobbed. It was close, but no way can you score the fight for Adamek.
                      Agree 100% bojangles. I thought the post fight reaction of adamek and his wife tild all of us who won this fight. The scoring confusion at the end made it even worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X