Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer can Rios relay on his POWER to get kats out???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As he gets older it will probably become a minor issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      No chance Garcia could stop Rios. None. Matthysse could stop him.
      garcia would have an easy target for his left hook. i dont think he gets rios out of there, but he'd probably put plenty of leather on him.

i also think mathysse's power is overrated. it's not one punch power by any stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        garcia would have an easy target for his left hook. i dont think he gets rios out of there, but he'd probably put plenty of leather on him.

i also think mathysse's power is overrated. it's not one punch power by any stretch.
        It's better than Garcia's though, and he would be able to smash Rios with big shots better than Garcia IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          He steps in the ring with Matthysse and his hype ends.
          He stops lucas in 8 rds...

Comment

No doubt he should be working on slipping punches, more head movement.

I dont see him lasting against the mathysse of the division eating those kinds of shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              How so? You bolded and told me to elaborate as to why I said the cards were fixed so I did.

So Alvarado never had Rios hurt?

There's a difference between being backed up and stepping back to box from the outside.

Juanma is a super star::
              lol Juanma a superstar.
              Never said or implied that Rios was hurt or not, but since you asked, no he wasn't ever really hurt the way Alvarado was.
              secondly, there is a difference in backing up to box and being backed up by punches. 90% of the time, Rios was backing up Alvarado with punches. they were in a telephone Booth fight where both guys tried to impose their will by throwing thunderous shots. Rios shots had a much greater impact.
              Last edited by Vasyl’s dad; 10-15-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                How so? You bolded and told me to elaborate as to why I said the cards were fixed so I did.

So Alvarado never had Rios hurt?

There's a difference between being backed up and stepping back to box from the outside.

If you read my other post I stated A PURE BOXER. Alvarado could've outboxed Rios but it's in his blood to brawl. He will always go back to it or end up doing so.

You're entitled to your own opinion and I have nothing to prove to you. And did you really go there with Pacquiao-Bradley? Don't be a blind sheep. Or you can choose to be for your agenda's sake.

Juanma is a super star who made the claims on national TV. Why the hell would the ban me for making such claim? In that case 90% of these forums would be banned. You want them to sue me too? You're taking it a little too serious.
                nope, wasnt one time in the fight where you can point definiately and say yup that shot hurt rios, big shots landed on him but nothing rios did will suggest he was hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  It's better than Garcia's though, and he would be able to smash Rios with big shots better than Garcia IMO.

i dont think mathysse would have as easy of a time with rios offense. garcia would probably box his doors off with a step to the side here and there. mathysse gets hit and generally provides the stationary target that rios requires to be successful.

Comment

As long as they keep lining him up with brawlers, bangers, and semi brawlers then he'll be fine. His brute force and iron jaw will guide him well throughout his career.

Comment

He loves fighting that way, its what hes best at, few minor adjustments here and there, he can probably be a 3 weight division champion and possibly a hoFer.

Comment

Working...
                      X