Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fix was IN!..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol at this crybaby thread. every round wasthisclose. even the fifth where Alvarado had his most success, Rios was in it. 4-2 the other way or 3-3 is not out of the question. IMO, during this telephone Booth fight, Rios was backing up Mike or standing his ground roughly 70% of the time. in a war like that where two guys are trying to impose their will, the fighter advancing forward more will probably get the nod. there was no fix in. you're just bitter because you probably lost money.

Comment

This thread is so ******ed.

Benvidez didn't take much if any more punishment after getting rocked, because he HELD ON.
      Alvarado got rocked and then hit with about 8 unanswered punches.

Comment

yes, yes it was. but who's surprised? still props to rios for staying in there and getting this guy out though. bum bum was getting touched and outboxed till the stoppage.

Comment

I had it 4-2 Alvarado, but I don't see the controversy in a 4-2 Rios card. The action was back and forth and Rios finished strong in most rounds. This fight was never going to the cards anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            This thread is so ******ed.

Benvidez didn't take much if any more punishment after getting rocked, because he HELD ON.
            Alvarado got rocked and then hit with about 8 unanswered punches.

Count how many clean unanswered shots Gatti took after that knockdown for me...

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post

Count how many clean unanswered shots Gatti took after that knockdown for me...
              The lemmings dont question their greaters.

Comment

I hate to say it..but Bob Arum is on a rampant mission to ruin this sport..

The stoppage can be argued either way..fact is..Alvarado was hurt but not out..Benavidez Jr was WAYYY more hurt than Alvarado was and was given an entire minute to flop around grab on and kill time..the moment Rios rocked Alvarado the ref looked ready to hop in..

But as I stated that could be argued..I, along with Rios, believe it was too early..

but the CARDS!...seriously..the referees had it 4-2 for Rios?..GTFO!..no way in hell did Rios take 4 rds of that fight..a Draw MAYBE or 4-2 Alvarado is what it was...but the refs had their minds set on who they were gonna give the decision to no matter who actually won the fight..

Alvarado was gonna get jobbed no matter what tonight...it's depressing to see we still support Top Rank events when we all have been victims of Bob Arum's fixes...no more Top Rank PPV purchases from me..I hope the REAL fans actually stop supporting this BS!.
                I thought the Nishioka fight was incredibly fishy too. He goes out of character and doesn't even try to win until there's a dramatic turning point as he got knocked down. Then the stoppage was bogus yet everyone acted as if it was completely fine. It's like the ref from the Rios fight planted a bug in our mind during his interview that it's completely acceptable for refs to do whatever the h3ll they want in stopping fights all in the name of protecting the fighters

Comment

So you're saying Alvarado and Rios have a comparable amount of fans?!..not even close!..Rios has Cali repping him..along with KC..KC isn't even a factor though..Cali is Rios' home and they're showing him mad support!..and what's the last fight you watched him in Denver?!.lmao..

and you claiming "appreciating" Arum, is reason enough for me to end this conversation here..we have nothing to debate after that..

Really?....wow..just wow...

No I'm saying Alvarado has a fan base after you said Alvarado has NO FAN BASE. You're the one trying to twist it, not me.

And Colorado can't support Alvarado? Even here in Texas from what I've seen most people know both of them that are boxing fans. Last time I saw him fight in Denver was a couple fights ago and FANS were there to support him.

Because you're an idiot who can't see the big picture that's why. Arum has done more for boxing in a year than most on here have in their lifetime.

Why really & wow? It wasn't a total domination by Alvarado. I had it a tie like the other two judges and some people think Rios was ahead. There is no fixing in that. You're just being a typical crybaby.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    I thought the Nishioka fight was incredibly fishy too. He goes out of character and doesn't even try to win until there's a dramatic turning point as he got knocked down. Then the stoppage was bogus yet everyone acted as if it was completely fine. It's like the ref from the Rios fight planted a bug in our mind during his interview that it's completely acceptable for refs to do whatever the h3ll they want in stopping fights all in the name of protecting the fighters
                    It looked like they came for a payday and nothing more. First chance they got they (ie. Nishioka's corner) stopped the fight.

but can't blame anyone but Nishioka and his team on that.

Comment

This fight was exciting to watch and we all wanted to see more.

Scoring: 4-2 Rios was a stretch BUT 2 of 3 judges had it 3-3. That was not controversial as it was possible to score that 3-3. One can only question 1 judge who had it 4-2 but he wasn't that far off the mark.

Stoppage: Ref has a split second to judge. It probably could have gone a bit more but many people said it was a good stoppage. So even in this front, it was a judgement call.

Rios vs Abril .... now that was very questionable but not this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X