Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise, surprise, Donaire continues to duck Rigo. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's going the same route at 126. He's going to fight Arce in a bogus fight for the vacant WBA title then he'll say he's going to fight Chris John "THE BEST" featherweight and he will ignore the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
      He's going the same route at 126. He's going to fight Arce in a bogus fight for the vacant WBA title then he'll say he's going to fight Chris John "THE BEST" featherweight and he will ignore the rest.
      And the sad part is that they'll try and justify it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs
        very true....donaire beats someone who was ranked in the sbw division and a former champ for the vacant belt while mares fought old/faded fighter not even ranked at 122 for nishioka's stripped belt, and yet donaire gets all the **** ..lol. donaire has got to be the most hated fighter in boxing today. donaire finally beats the #1 ranked guy at 122 and the real wbc champ and now the hate is stronger than ever.
        If you beleive that a 37 year old thinking about retirement is the #1 in the division, it could be that you are biased, blind, doesn't know much about the fighters and boxing in general or you just a kid, Nishioka was perceived as the #1 years ago, not for the past 2 or 3 years because he didn't fought the real competition...

Comment

He's going the same route at 126. He's going to fight Arce in a bogus fight for the vacant WBA title then he'll say he's going to fight Chris John "THE BEST" featherweight and he will ignore the rest.
          Fighting John is not a bad thing. At all. If he never fought Salido, that would suck. That's a balls fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Fighting John is not a bad thing. At all. If he never fought Salido, that would suck. That's a balls fight.
            He SHOULD fight Salido since they're both WBO champions but that's not going to happen. Fighting John isn't that bad I agree, but they're going to make it seem like he is the very best FW which is totally false.

Comment

He SHOULD fight Salido since they're both WBO champions but that's not going to happen. Fighting John isn't that bad I agree, but they're going to make it seem like he is the very best FW which is totally false.
              John has as strong a claim as anyone. Salido has JuanMa but he's also lost to some guys (like Cruz) who couldn't shine Jonn's shoes. John has soft shoed a lot of his reign but he's a very good fighter. I'd rather see Salido first for action, but John would be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                well that means he is a terrible professional, he should train with a spark for every fight i guess thats why he got his a55 whooped by abril
                Don't believe that BS, he had that spark. Abril pushed him at the press conference and they almost got into it. Rios was fired up before the fight but Abril put his fuse out.

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                Again, do you not comprehend the fact that he fought nobodies on his home soil for nearly all of those eight years? Did you forget that Marquez had already been in wars with Vasquez before reaching the age of 37 and fighting the beast that is Nishi and actually doing decent?

Light, I use to think you were a good poster, but this garbage that you're spewing about résumés is terrible. Calzhage was the goat, then. He beat Hopkins and RJJ while being undefeated his whole career! He's the truth, just like Nishi.

I couldn't care less about Rigo, he could lose to a nobody tomorrow and that would be cool, but to parrot Donaire on the reasons why he won't fight him is pathetic. 'Nishi is proven, he's the best guy in the division'.... against whom has he attained that standing? The sad part is I'm starting to believe that you honestly think that Nishi is better than Rigo, Moreno, and Mares.
                Worn down Marquez + Gonzalez >>>> anybody Donaire, Mares or Rigo beat at 122 and that's why Nishi was #1. That's how it works, rankings are based on resumes not who would beat who. You can say that Nishi was a weak #1 but you can't deny that he was #1.

No I don't think Nishi is better than Rigo but I don't think Cotto is better than Canelo either, I guess I should rank Cotto below him? I should also rank Broner above Demarco since I think he's gonna win. No need to fight the fights anymore, let's do rankings based on who you think is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  John has as strong a claim as anyone. Salido has JuanMa but he's also lost to some guys (like Cruz) who couldn't shine Jonn's shoes. John has soft shoed a lot of his reign but he's a very good fighter. I'd rather see Salido first for action, but John would be fine.
                  Hell no man, John is a 126 champion but he isn't the best at 126 at all. Salido has proven his #1 spot by beating the best FW in Lopez. Lopez is still champion material and he would beat John IMO.

I think a fight against Caballero would be very fun to watch. I would find that win better than a win against John.

Comment

Hell no man, John is a 126 champion but he isn't the best at 126 at all. Salido has proven his #1 spot by beating the best FW in Lopez. Lopez is still champion material and he would beat John IMO.

I think a fight against Caballero would be very fun to watch. I would find that win better than a win against John.
                    That's your opinion. JuanMa wasn't necessarily the best at 26 (Gamboa had a claim too and still would if he was fighting) and is heavily flawed (that chin!). Salido-John would be a pick 'em fight and I'd favor John to outbox him. I think Salido would be a more physical test for Donaire though and John has shown a chin vulnerable to someone like Donaire. Neither would be as stiff a test as the three best tests at 22 right now (Mares, Moreno, Rigo) so I'd like to see Donaire finish the business a class lower for now.

This is all for naught as it pretends John would leave Indonesia as an underdog. I think Salido is actually the far more likely fight if he goes up (or Mikey Garcia)

By the end of next year, when Russell emerges fully, I expect THAT to be THE fight at 26.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                      first off he is 36 years old. nishioka wanted donaire after having beat marquez and donaire wanted nishioka as his first fight at 122 (but nishioka decided to first take a year off). also who should have been #1 then if you think nishi isn't? rigo? for beating a prospect and a guy who wasn't even ranked top ten in the division? win against rico ramos rightfully put rigo at #2 eventhough ramos wasn't that great to begin with and got lucky with shimoda. plus nishioka is still a much more credible opponent than any of rigo's wins or mares' win against morel....nishioka was ranked #1 for 2010, 2011 and 2012 by ring magazine. nishioka wasn't perceived as #1 years ago when you had guys like juan manuel lopez and caballero in the division..plus you say that for the past 2 or 3 years he hadn't fought real competition when he beat rendall munroe in 2010 who was ranked top ten in the division at the time.
                      If Nishioka wasn't #1 at 22, it's only because one could have moved Donaire past him if they wanted after his first two wins in class. I didn't. To be fair, there was a contingent that didn't want this fight all along and thought Nishi couldn't win (I didn't think he would win either but wanted to see it and thought he'd bring more). Now, that contingent is ticked because the guy they wanted to see probably still won't get the fight.

That doesn't mean Rigo had any business being rated ahead of Nishi yet. It's also not to say Rigo wasn't better all along. But Gonzalez and Marquez are better wins than Cordoba and Ramos (Marroquin wasn't done yet before this was signed, but I don't think he's better than those either). Probably is. Nishi was still the right guy to fight first. It just suck if he ends up being the only, then Arce, then no Rigo or Mares-Moreno winner. Rigo especially since they share a promoter.

In the meantime, Rigo should be looking for Vic and getting his name bigger. None of this stuff is mutually exclusive and no one should dig in their heels that hard here on the various points.

Comment

Working...
                      X