Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Clips Nishioka For a Ninth Round TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire can move up for his next fight. Nobody can beat him at 122.

As for Rigondeaux, he needs to earn a shot. Build up a resume already.

Comment

• Good win for Nonito, I'm not even a fan of him and actually think he's overrated (when discussed on a p4p scale) but I find it funny how intimidating he is to other fighters. I think it's clear the only fighters at this weight who would come to fight and attempt to win are Rigo and the Mares-Moreno winner. I don't care what anybody says, Nonito-Rigo needs to happen next. Or just move up.
      Last edited by _original_; 10-14-2012, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Why are people hating. Donaire is huge for All the weight classes he has been in. How he squeezes down so low is incredible. But he should be fighting at 126 or 130. He is way to big for 115-122. He fought a great fight. A beat a great Champion. But he should be fighting at 126 -130.

I actually saw him in a picture with 130lb WBO Champion Rocky Roman Martinez and Donire was much physically bigger then him. And that's why I say Donaire should be fighting at 126-130. And that picture was 2yrs ago.

Comment

• wow i thought the fight would be more competitive...it wasnt the best Nishioka in the ring...still again props for Nonito...he is an awesome fighter...cant wait to see his next fights!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoriBlaze1 View Post
            Why are people hating. Donaire is huge for All the weight classes he has been in. How he squeezes down so low is incredible. But he should be fighting at 126 or 130. He is way to big for 115-122. He fought a great fight. A beat a great Champion. But he should be fighting at 126 -130.

I actually saw him in a picture with 130lb WBO Champion Rocky Roman Martinez and Donire was much physically bigger then him. And that's why I say Donaire should be fighting at 126-130. And that picture was 2yrs ago.
            Yeah man, I don't get it either, Donaire should be testing the waters at the higher weight classes. There's typically more money and fame that comes along with it, he seems content to squeeze his huge frame into the smaller weight classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Good win for Nonito, I'm not even a fan of him and actually think he's overrated (when discussed on a p4p scale) but I find it funny how intimidating he is to other fighters. I think it's clear the only fighters at this weight who would come to fight and attempt to win are Rigo and the Mares-Moreno winner. I don't care what anybody says, Nonito-Rigo needs to happen next.
              c'mon, nishioka was the best at 122 lbs, ya gotta know that at least. donaire did pass his test with flying colors which i think surpasses andre wards recent performance. rigo he ain't nothing man. amatuer boxing is worlds apart with pro boxing. probably donaire will pick mares, that is if he wins his next fight.
              Last edited by Fighting_Pride; 10-14-2012, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                c'mon, nishioka was the best at 122 lbs, ya gotta know that at least. donaire did pass his test with flying colors which i think surpasses andre wards recent performance. rigo he ain't nothing man. amatuer boxing is worlds apart with pro boxing. probably donaire will pick mares, that is if he wins his next fight.
                Although I wasn't too informed about Nishioka, I agree that it was a pretty good win under Donaire's belt. I don't think it ranks higher than Ward's win over Chad in terms of relevance and value though. You may be right about Rigo, but who else is there to fight for Donaire unless he moves up? There's also a demand and bit of a rivalry that was brewed there, I think it would make a great match up for us boxing fans. Mares would give Donaire problems, and at the very least come to fight and not just to survive like a lot of Donaire opponents. But I don't think Mares will beat Moreno, and Moreno-Donaire would be an interesting fight to make as well. The issue there is the different promotional companies, so Donaire is gonna have to fight face off with Rigo or move up IMO.
                Last edited by _original_; 10-14-2012, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Although I wasn't too informed about Nishioka, I agree that it was a pretty good win under Donaire's belt. I don't think it ranks higher than Ward's win over Chad in terms of relevance and value though. You may be right about Rigo, but who else is there to fight for Donaire unless he moves up? There's also a demand and bit of a rivalry that was brewed there, I think it would make a great match up for us boxing fans. Mares would give Donaire problems, and at the very least come to fight and not just to survive like a lot of Donaire opponents. But I don't think Mares will beat Moreno, and Moreno-Donaire would be an interesting fight to make as well. The issue there is the different promotional companies, so Donaire is gonna have to fight face off with Rigo or move up IMO.
                  thats pure BS....just ask yourself who was dawson at 168 when ward fought him?..i could understnad if they met in the middle but chad seemed not himself that night..

Comment

• You open up to Nonito, he opens up a can of whoopass.

Comment

• Nonito did his part.

Comment

Working...
                      X