Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Stops Mike Alvarado in a Seven Round War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I told you!!!!!! This was a war. Two Mexicans in a fight means war. No " slickness ", " hit and don't be hit sweet science BS ". This sport is for men, for machos. Compare this fight with Abril's fight. Abril is a lady that just danced the waltz. Nobody watches his fights. Not even my cuban brothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorily View Post
      I gotta give props to Rios first and foremost. With that being said, IMHO I believe Alvarado could have easily outboxed Rios and coasted to a fairly easy UD if he would have chosen to do so. Obviously that wouldn't be near as fun for us, but I believe the guy that's gonna beat Rios is a guy who doesn't try to go punch for punch with him. When Alvarado used his jab (an amazing 50+ per round) Brandon didn't punch, and when Alvarado would stick and move he was in zero danger.

I would love to see a rematch with these two and see how different the outcome could be if Alvardo decided to box Rios. Hell, I wanna see a rematch even if Alvarado decided to go mano y mano again. These guys MUST rematch!!!!! Hell of a fight, and that's what brings the love of the game back to the fans.
      I'd have to disagree with that. The "only" guy at 140 that is going to beat him "will" go punch for punch with him and it's Mathysse; possibly Garcia.

But the method to beating Rios is power. He can easily be hit, but if you can't bust a g****, you won't do anything to him. Mathysse's style is tailor made for Rios. He would stop him.

Comment

• Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
        Actually since the Acosta fight.He lost to Abril no biggie,he can get a rematch.I enjoy watching Rios even though he's limited for the time.Guys of his style don't last to long.
        They do last. Julio césar Chávez Sr lasted. Duran lasted. Abril lost to Rios, Abril is a girl. people like him or Leonard, Whitaker, Mayweather, etc. don't last. The minute they lose their running, hugging, footwork ability, they lose and the fans don't like them, at least the Latinos, Asians and Europeans.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
          What about Rios vs Peterson? Peterson can try to get revenge for his brother.
          Good call, that would be an excellent fight and Petersons not Gbp.

Comment

• That was a great fight, something fight fans deserved after all these robberies, cancelled fights and the best refusing to fight the best. I don't have any problem with the stoppage but Alvarado could have continued a little bit more. Wouldn't mind watching a rematch.

Originally posted by budfr View Post
            I told you!!!!!! This was a war. Two Mexicans in a fight means war. No " slickness ", " hit and don't be hit sweet science BS ". This sport is for men, for machos. Compare this fight with Abril's fight. Abril is a lady that just danced the waltz. Nobody watches his fights. Not even my cuban brothers.
            No matter how much you hate on Abril, he schooled Rios for 12 rounds, made your boy look like a straight bum. Everybody saw that fight, it's part of history and there's nothing you can do about it so keep hating.
            Last edited by Light_Speed; 10-14-2012, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by budfr View Post
              They do last. Julio césar Chávez Sr lasted. Duran lasted. Abril lost to Rios, Abril is a girl. people like him or Leonard, Whitaker, Mayweather, etc. don't last. The minute they lose their running, hugging, footwork ability, they lose and the fans don't like them, at least the Latinos, Asians and Europeans.

All I gotta say, I dont even have to waste words...its not worth it, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
                What about Rios vs Peterson? Peterson can try to get revenge for his brother.
                not a bad fight it will definitely raise rios' stock at 140lbs no doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  I'd have to disagree with that. The "only" guy at 140 that is going to beat him "will" go punch for punch with him and it's Mathysse; possibly Garcia.

But the method to beating Rios is power. He can easily be hit, but if you can't bust a g****, you won't do anything to him. Mathysse's style is tailor made for Rios. He would stop him.
                  Danny Garcia would get knock out also, the guy has power but that wouldnt be the diciding factor here. He couldnt knock out an old warrior like Morales, what makes you think he would be able to stop a hungry warrior like Rios, that keeps coming.
                  Last edited by Toltec77; 10-14-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                    not a bad fight it will definitely raise rios' stock at 140lbs no doubt
                    Nah man I want to see Rios vs Danny Garica, p.rico vs Mexico. I got Rios knockinghim out.
                    Last edited by Toltec77; 10-14-2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• I just wish the Ref didn't stop it so early. We could had a very special classic in our hands

Comment

Working...
                      X