Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Andre Ward's headbutting and holding tactics be permitted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Ward did win the Super Six in Atlantic City, which is in no way his hometown, or similar at all.
    He never left his home country, all the others did.

He's a pampered boxer who always gets his own way.

Comment

I don't mind Ward headbutting, as long as he doesn't do it to American fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        Yes.
        I'm surprised you don't have more respect for Ward's ability to bend the rules. After all, Klitschko's been deducted points in 3 of his last 9 fights for cheating tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          I'm surprised you don't have more respect for Ward's ability to bend the rules. After all, Klitschko's been deducted points in 3 of his last 9 fights for cheating tactics.
          Are you saying Klitschko should be more like Ward and hire a crooked referee who won't deduct him points?

I think Klitschko does clinch too much in some fights, but he has power and skill so he doesn't RELY on clamping his opponents' arms other fouls like Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Are you saying Klitschko should be more like Ward and hire a crooked referee who won't deduct him points?

I think Klitschko does clinch too much in some fights, but he has power and skill so he doesn't RELY on clamping his opponents' arms other fouls like Ward.
            Klitschko's a great fighter. Klitschko-Povetkin is 10x worse than anything Ward has ever done.

Comment

That only happened in the Kessler bout. A clash of styles.

Now as per some here he head butts all the time and most of the time his opponent is doing the holding.

Comment

The stance from the boxing fans on this site is pretty clear.

I think you should make another poll asking if Ward should retire or keep on "fighting" like he did in the last couple years.

I bet at least 80% of the boxing fans dont wanna see him in the ring ever again. Headbutting, clinching, spoiling and complaining to the ref. Thats his game, the anti sportsman. Trying to be classy outside of the ring, but afterall he is just an unlikeable, unfair and insignificant character, nothing about him is really interesting or likeable. He only gets attention because of GGG. Nobody is a fan of Ward, its biased fans of other fighters and GGG haters who support Ward even though Ward already turned down to fight GGG when he had the chance. How these losers here ignore such facts is really amusing.

The few couple Ward ****riders on this forum scream the loudest but everyone knows, barking dogs never bite.

Comment

Andre Ward (25-0, 13 KOs) refused to come up a weight class for Dawson or even meet in the middle. The fight would happen in Ward's comfort zone at 168 pounds or it wouldn't happen at all.
                  http://www.nhregister.com/general-ne...-what-he-wants

Comment

Of course, if you can't headbutt, then thats not hitting without being hit. Only the P4P best of all time can headbutt, hug, clinch, low blow, it's the ART of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Of course the rules should be enforced for Ward, the same as any other boxer. No more, no less.
                      Yes.

He kept trying to head butt Kovalev over and over again, but Sergey was ready for it.

But the ref yelled at Kovalev, not Ward!

Comment

Working...
                      X