Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Admits Hunger For Ward Rematch: I Can Beat Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the fight again not too long ago, and I do think Froch did better than some might have noticed against Ward. . But it was still not really that close. . He won a good 3 rounds, maybe 4. Ward was tiring out in the championship rounds, though, and was trying his best to slow the pace, and clinch up. . Then Froch won round 4 I think it was with some good left hooks. . . But still saw nothing to indicate Froch would have a chance in a rematch. If anything, it'd be more Ward next time.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      I watched the fight again not too long ago, and I do think Froch did better than some might have noticed against Ward. . But it was still not really that close. . He won a good 3 rounds, maybe 4. Ward was tiring out in the championship rounds, though, and was trying his best to slow the pace, and clinch up. . Then Froch won round 4 I think it was with some good left hooks. . . But still saw nothing to indicate Froch would have a chance in a rematch. If anything, it'd be more Ward next time.
      Ward was definatley dog tired after fighting, what wasn't exactly a furious pace.

Froch's only chance would be to train fitness, start fast and just make it as exhausting a fight as possible, hoping ward tires earlier in a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Ward will never leave America.
        Kessler doesn't want to rematch Froch in Nottingham. He'll use the excuse that he can make more money fighting in Denmark.

Comment

Froch got bullied and outclassed by Ward and was getting stunned by left hooks thrown by Ward-with a broken left hand...he needs to count his blessings that the judges must have been drunk to even score it as close as it was....

Froch is a true warrior,no doubt-but a delusional one at times.

Comment

Froch could possibly beat Ward IF he could stick to a gameplan.

The only fight I can recall him sticking to a gameplan was against Abraham - and, let's face it, King Arther made that easy to do by just plodding into the jab all night.

I was dismayed to first hear Froch claiming he'd knock Ward out pretty much whenever he connected, then begin the fight loading up and swinging pretty wildly. He made the opening half of the fight easy for Ward, who couldn't have asked for any more telegraphing on nearly every punch Froch threw.

Later in the fight Froch stopped swinging for the KO and started to shorten up his work and be busier, and that is what he would have to do for 12 rounds to stand a chance of getting the nod.

Can he do it? I don't think he can, because the only time he sticks to a plan is when it is easy to do so. Ward won't make it easy, so Froch will revert to type - a slugger who is tough enough and quick enough to beat most but not the best.

Comment

I agree that Froch did underachieved in his fight against Ward - he will do better in a rematch, but I doubt that he will be able to win on points. Ward is to fast and slick. He needs to stop him for a win.

Froch wants nothing of Kessler - Kessler has Froch's number. Froch cant hurt Kessler or stop him and he will never be able to win on points. Kessler fought Froch with eye-problems (dubbelvision) - that is fixed now. If Kessler and Froch fought again there would be a good argument that Kessler might stop Froch. ****** fight for Froch unless it is paid very very well.

Comment

If Froch can beat Ward then so can I.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                  If Froch can beat Ward then so can I.

Comment

lololol

I like Froch but if a rematch were to go down I would predict Ward actually doing better than the first time. Maybe if it happens at 175 its a different fight. I dont see a rematch happening though.

Comment

Ward messed up his hand in that fight and is why Froch became competitive in the end. If Ward's hands hold up he will beat Froch by a wider margin.

Ward has continued to improved and Carl Froch is still the same.

I rather see Froch vs Kessler, a sure action fight that Carl should had gotten the decision the first time

Comment

Working...
                      X