No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez To Have Right Knee Surgery on Nov. 12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
    You forgot to mention chavez was 20 lbs heavier and 11 yrs younger and still couldn't put away a 37 yr old who had a broken hand and a torn knee
    Doesn't matter, no excuses, Chavez made weight, Sergio Made weight, that's the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      sh#t, man.

lower body injuries are no joke on a 37 year old fighter who relies on his footspeed...
      this.

i hope people realize that in all actuality, this injury will affect sergio for the rest of his career. he'll of course play it off as if he's back 100% next year but at 37 years old, that's highly unlikely

when i first heard about this injury after the fight i knew right away that it was gonna be downplayed

we will see what kind of toll it has on sergio based on their opponent selection. most likely if they pick somebody who's slow-footed and isn't that aggressive, sergio might be able to mitigate the necessity to move around like he did vs chavez jr

Comment

Also why are you guys overreacting? You guys are acting like he shredded his knee to pieces. Enough already. Athletes have came back from much WORSE injuries.

Comment

Smart move. Rumor is he was considering not getting it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
            Also why are you guys overreacting? You guys are acting like he shredded his knee to pieces. Enough already. Athletes have came back from much WORSE injuries.
            Yea but he's gonna be 38 years old. He's a not 25 year old wide receiver.

Comment

Wish him the best.....

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                38, 28 doesnt matter. Its a partially torn meniscus. Its a 6 week injury if that. He didn't blow his MCL, PCL or ACL.

People are in here acting like he'll never walk again. Its comical. Its not that bad of an injury for starters and on top of that Im sure Martinez will have access to the some of the best medical care in the world. He'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  age is only a number these days with athletes it's 2012 people are looking after themselves alot more and athletes are lasting longer and longer all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    38, 28 doesnt matter. Its a partially torn meniscus. Its a 6 week injury if that. He didn't blow his MCL, PCL or ACL.

People are in here acting like he'll never walk again. Its comical. Its not that bad of an injury for starters and on top of that Im sure Martinez will have access to the some of the best medical care in the world. He'll be fine.

What he Said ^^^^^^^. I have had that procedure done many times after my open knee surgeries as a cleanup measure. He will have the procedure done, and like me, after he wakes up, he will be able to actually walk out of the hospital a few hours later under his own power. He will have some leg swelling for about 3 weeks and then after about 6-8 weeks, it will feel great to him again.

Comment

Get well soon, champ. WAR MARAVILLA.

Comment

Working...
                      X