No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nishioka Ready: I am The Best in This Weight Class

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nishioka Ready: I am The Best in This Weight Class

The 36 year old Japanese southpaw who comes off a 54 week layoff when he faces WBO/IBC champion Nonito "The Filipino Flash' Donaire at the Homew Depot Center on Sunday morning (Manila Time) told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard "I want to show everybody that I am the best in this weight class and that's what i'll show."

Nishioka said he is in "very good condition" adding "I am ready to win of course."

The 36 year old Japanese said his age or the long layoff don't bother him. He said "my only motivation is to fight the best and I wanted this fight against Donaire and thats why I waited." [Click Here To Read More]

Can't wait for this fight!!! It's been on my dream match list for while. Can't wait for Saturday period!!!

Comment

i think people are hyping nishioka a bit too much,the guy is on his way out already,he didn't really look that good against an old marquez,he struggled in that fight,it's like he got old overnight,i would just say right now,now he's an avg fighter,not great like donaire or some others make him out to be,i think donaire beating the winner of mares/moreno will be more impressive than beating nishioka,those guys are young,in their prime too and good fighters

Comment

one of the best fights that can be made at 122...can't wait. plus rios vs alvarado is going to be a great fight as well. should be a good night for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
          i think people are hyping nishioka a bit too much,the guy is on his way out already,he didn't really look that good against an old marquez,he struggled in that fight,it's like he got old overnight,i would just say right now,now he's an avg fighter,not great like donaire or some others make him out to be,i think donaire beating the winner of mares/moreno will be more impressive than beating nishioka,those guys are young,in their prime too and good fighters
          Why don't you wait to call Nishioka an average fighter until after Saturday. I think this fight is going to be very competitive. And as of right now, there is absolutely no reason to rate Mares or Moreno over him. Keep in mind, Nishioka is just as motivated for this fight as Donaire is. He is not going to show up ill-prepared. We'll all find out Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
            one of the best fights that can be made at 122...can't wait. plus rios vs alvarado is going to be a great fight as well. should be a good night for boxing.
            Its one of the best fights to be made in boxing not just 122

Comment

not really..marquez won like 3 rounds at best. nishioka showed good defense, good movement, good speed and timing, good heart, decent power, etc. against marquez. even in the later rounds nishioka was especially dominant. nishioka is rightfully the #1 guy in the division. plus he hasn't lost in 8 years and is the real WBC sbw champ. this is a very credible opponent for donaire..just because he's 36 doesn't automatically mean he is over the hill. guys like jmm, martinez, hopkins, etc. show that age don't mean much at all.

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Its one of the best fights to be made in boxing not just 122
              that's true....

Comment

LOL. Marquez, martinez, mayweather etc. are in their mid 30's and are still among the elites. Nishioka's experience is actually one of his biggest asset coming into the fight.

Comment

yes you are...might not be after saturday tho..

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                    Why don't you wait to call Nishioka an average fighter until after Saturday. I think this fight is going to be very competitive. And as of right now, there is absolutely no reason to rate Mares or Moreno over him. Keep in mind, Nishioka is just as motivated for this fight as Donaire is. He is not going to show up ill-prepared. We'll all find out Saturday night.
                    I have to disagree. How do you know how motivated or prepared he is? What footage or pics have we seen of him since this fight was announced? Keep in mind not too long ago this guy was contemplating retirement. For all we know, he could've been paid to take a dive. He has nothing to lose...
                    Originally posted by johncods View Post
                    LOL. Marquez, martinez, mayweather etc. are in their mid 30's and are still among the elites. Nishioka's experience is actually one of his biggest asset coming into the fight.
                    Every fighter is different. Doesn't mean Nishioka is the same. For example, as we all know Martinez peaked later than most fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X