• Time
  • Show
Clear All

dunno, never seen robinson against anyone that fast, or a southpaw

i doubt it would be easy for either one

Comment

Noone comes close to beating Robinson at 147

Comment

Weird idea for a matchup. I don't think of Pacquaio as a true welterweight. His frame is tiny. He's a 135 or a 140 guy fundamentally, who's moved up to take on greater challenges and more opportunity -- just as SRR moved up for similar reasons to MW, where he was great, but no longer invincible.

I don't see Pac Man beating the best welters such as SRR, Leonard, Hearns...or Mayweather. Or Duran for that matter, though he was a true LW.

Comment

Probably Robinson but it would be far from easy. You know it may be sacrilege to say it but Robinson wasn't actually perfect.

Comment

robinson kills him, pacquiaos stands no chance. these are facts..

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              robinson kills him, pacquiaos stands no chance. these are facts..
              Surely you mean conjectures, not facts.

Comment

Ray Robinson is a way bigger man than Manny and that is what it really comes down to.

Manny 5'6" 67" reach
                Ray Robinson 5'11" 72.5" reach

That is straight up not even fair.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  dunno, never seen robinson against anyone that fast, or a southpaw

i doubt it would be easy for either one
                  THe thing is SRR fought every possible opponent around his weight limit. He regularly fought people outweighing him by quite a lot.

Pac at his prime was insane though. He was not that easy to hit, like people are suggesting. He would slip in and out, quite a bit.

Still, SRR's footwork, power, boxing, hooks and those straight shots, should mean he would beat Pac, perhaps even easily. But SRR does appear to be the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
                    THe thing is SRR fought every possible opponent around his weight limit. He regularly fought people outweighing him by quite a lot.

Pac at his prime was insane though. He was not that easy to hit, like people are suggesting. He would slip in and out, quite a bit.

Still, SRR's footwork, power, boxing, hooks and those straight shots, should mean he would beat Pac, perhaps even easily. But SRR does appear to be the greatest.
                    Except Charlie Burley and the black murderers row~ Ray Robinson wasn't about fighting those guys

Comment

this reminded me of an article, so here it is, about southpaws, you'll get some information aswell as a laugh here and there
                      http://coxscorner.tripod.com/southpaws.html

Comment

Working...
                      X