Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner: "At 23 I would have kicked Floyds Ass"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont mind Broner thinking that. There is nothing wrong with being confident. I dont think he beats Floyd at all but I have told a ton of people that Broner has studied Floyd so much that he almost doesnt have to go through the trials & tribulations that Floyd went through.

Floyd was learning everything on the fly. Broner saw all of what Floyd did and can just skip all of Floyd bad things or faults and just take the good.

He's already fighting like the more Offensive version of Floyd because he watched Floyd do the all defense stuff and struggle in some fights or struggle to sell fights so he can skip that and go right to the Offensive version while still having good D. I think thats why he feels that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      A limited fighter like DeMarco will not be able to put an end to Broner at this point. Maybe 4-5 fights ago, but not now, he's getting better. Mark my words, Adrien Broner will get his first loss at 147 or higher. Nobody at 135-140 has the style to beat him. I like Danny Garcia and Lucas Matthysse's chances, those fights would be close.

But at 147 is where the sharks are for Broner. Bradley, Alexander, Peterson, all of these guys could beat Broner.
      I agree on the Demarco part I don't believe he can beat broner. But broner will take a loss at 140. If the garcia's, Lucas and khans are still at 140 that is. Also depends on the co workroom put in front of him. However I don't envisage him having any problems at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        coincidentally, dude is as much of a floyd stan as kobe is to mike.
        Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 10-10-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Floyd would've toyed with Broner at 23 or sfw. The jab would've been the difference.

Comment

DeMarco is more than dangerous enough to beat Broner. Don't count DeMarco out. AD has a hard road, but he has two things going for him. He can punch, and he has a chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              DeMarco is more than dangerous enough to beat Broner. Don't count DeMarco out. AD has a hard road, but he has two things going for him. He can punch, and he has a chin.
              The same demarco that was getting tooled by linares before that lucky ass punch? he's like a way ****tier version of corralles.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton.Brilliant View Post
                coincidentally, dude is as much of a floyd stan as kobe is to mike.
                What a dumb post. Kobe isn't a Jordan stan. He's the closest thing we've seen to Jordan though and they have similar elements to their game and have won 6 and 5 titles each. And both are two of the greatest to ever do it. Thus the comparisons of Jordan and Kobe.

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
                  Broner just said this at the Demarco Press conference. NSB thoughts.....
                  My thoughts? Floyd will disown him now, officially.

No but seriously, why is he mentioning another fighter when he has his opponent right in front of him? And it mind sound cliche but Ill take the original over the replica. Broner is nowhere near Floyd, now or ever.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    What a dumb post. Kobe isn't a Jordan stan. He's the closest thing we've seen to Jordan though and they have similar elements to their game and have won 6 and 5 titles each. And both are two of the greatest to ever do it. Thus the comparisons of Jordan and Kobe.
                    Man, Id hate to derail this thread but are you serious right now? Kobe tries to emulate everything Jordan has ever done. The tongue sticking out every time he goes for a layup/dunk should be your first clue.
                    Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    When was his chin exactly tested? vs a 122/6 5'5" Ponce?

Comment

Not to discredit this fight, but c'mon man. demarco is a walking mummy. tailir made for broner. name recognition wise, yes hes a test. but fighting style wise, same ish different toilet. just like broner said.

Comment

Working...
                      X