Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Eyes Move To 168, Ward - If No Martinez II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm one of the few that think Chavez will be even better at 168. Weight draining himself can take away from his size advantage. I think he's a problem for anyone at 168. His chin will hold up and his work rate will go up.

Comment

Baaaad move for Chavez Jr.With his plodding forward pressure style and no boxing skills,Ward is the last fighter Jr wants to mix it up with..Chavez will get schooled just like he did against Martinez,maybe even stopped this time.

Jr's only chance at success is to stay at 160 where he balloons up to 190 on fight night so he could have an advantage over his opponent,when his opponent is not a top/elite fighter that is.

Bigger guys that hit harder?and may not get out weighed by 20 pounds on fight night?= bad move Jr.

Comment

Ward embarrasses Chavez jr.... I hope this Top Rank Fraud moves up...

Comment

i hope he moves up. i'd like to see Jr vs Froch.

Comment

What's wrong with some of you Chavez Jr. fans? People like to complain about Floyd but at least he takes his fights seriously, trains, and in his early career he fought top guys. Jr has fought nearly 50 fights and a huge majority of those fighters he fought were scrubs. He's been caught using illegal substances more than once and barely trains for his fights. The only reason why he has the record he has is because he's never really fought anyone good and only won against Lee because of his size. His own damn trainer says he starves himself and balloons up to 180+ so that means he's just been using size to win fights. He doesn't know how to cut off the ring, doesn't know how to jab, and his defense is damn awful. I wanna blame it all on Jr. but its probably Roach's fault also because he hasn't taught Jr ****. Roach's best fighter is Manny but Manny already knew how to fight. Other than Manny, who the hell has Roach helped recently?

Comment

God damn, i just spit out my morning coffee...now this is some funny shit.

I would love to see this fight, the laughs would be non-stop. Ward would permanently retire the overweight, diuretic abuser and marijuana smokin chump.

The fight should be aired on the Comedy network.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                andre ward would have vacated his belt anyways since the wbc doesn't allow unified champs, right? he should move up. he can have really good fights with abraham, froch, and pavlik before facing ward. only reason i'd want to see a rematch between chavez and martinez is to see martinez get paid, but honestly, i don't really care for it. we'll see what happens.
                the big problem for chavez is that if he goes up to 168, he gives up his only advantage: size. Honestly, I can't see him favored against any of the top supermiddleweights. He'd have a chance against abraham and pavlik, but they aren't top supermiddleweights. I'd still favor both of those two over jr.

Let's be clear though: the WBC will strip Andre Ward of his belt for some bs reason and set up a title fight for Chavez Jr. against somebody like Marco Antonion Rubio (who just moved up to 168). That's how Jose S. rolls.

I'd love to see Jr. vs. Librado Andrade at supermiddleweight. That'd be an awesome fight.

Comment

Sounds good for Ward...... But I doubt it

Comment

In an era where fighters are avoiding each other like the plague, this kind of attitude can only be appreciated.

Chances are he was smoking some good **** when he said this though.

Comment

QUOTE=Check_hooks;12588843]Those fighters calling out Pac and floyd are begging for a payday.

Chavez Jr is by far the Cash Cow compared to Martinez and Ward. So he wants to fight the best even tho financially he doesn't have to.

Thats the difference.[/QUOTE]
                      I so agree with you on this one...

Comment

Working...
                      X