Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mayweather or Hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd would have a much better resume but cotto, margarito, pac, and martinez all ducked him. it's not his fault.

Comment

Hopkins Top 5 wins, no order:
      Felix Trinidad
      Oscar De La Hoya
      Antonio Tarver
      Kelly Pavlik
      Jean Pascal

Mayweather's Top 5 wins, no order:
      Diego Corrales
      Jose Luis Castillo
      Oscar De La Hoya
      Ricky Hatton
      Miguel Cotto

I'll take beating Hatton and Cotto over beating Pavlik and Pascal. The De La Hoya wins are close to equal in my opinion. Sure Oscar was a couple years younger when he fought Hopkins, but he was coming off a sub-par outing against Sturm and it was an odd ending in that fight, where many don't think it was real. Oscar was 34 against Floyd, but was coming off knocking Mayorga out at least and was stilla highly ranked SWW.

Trinidad, even though 160 was not his best weight class, was the best win. But then I'd tae beating prime and top versions of Corrales & Castillo over beating Tarver. So the top wins are close, with Hopkins having the best win. But the other 4 top wins (Corrales, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto > De La Hoya, Tarver, Pavlik, Pascal), but it's close.

So then the other wins they have, I'd give Floyd the clear edge.

Other then his Top 5 wins, Hopkins has Mercado, Jackson, Johnson, Holmes, Daniels, Joppy, Allen, Eastman, and Wright.

Other than his Top 5 wins, Floyd has Genaro, Manfredy, G. Vargas, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Corley, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, Marquez, Mosley, and Ortiz.

I give Floyd more credit for beating Marquez at 144 than I do for Hopkisn beating Wright at 170. Wright never proved anything at 170 and never did after he fought Hopkins. Marquez hadn't done anything at 144 before fighting Floyd, but he did arguably beat the #1 WW at 144 after losing to Floyd at that weight. And than everything else, I'd give Floyd the clear edge.

Comment

so hattons best weight class was 147 and a better win than the lineal lhw pascal? interesting.

Comment

Hatton's beaten Tszyu, Collazo, Urango, Lazcano, and Malignaggi.

Pascal's beaten Diaconu and Dawson.

Yeah I'll take beating Hatton over Pascal thus far. Hatton was also undefeated and #8 P4P.

Comment

^I second that. Hatton>Pascal. And I think Mayweather's win over De La Hoya was a lot better than Hopkins'. De La Hoya was comfortable at 154 and Floyd had to max out his weight to get there. De La Hoya never looked good at 160. A better comparison would be Hopkins' win over Tarver, where he moved up to beat a legitimate champion in his weightclass (I think that's Hopkins' best win).

Comment

Hopkins its not close

Winky, Tarver, Pavlik, Johnson, Trinidad>>>>>>>>>>Corrales, Hatton, Castillo, and a half retired Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                ^I second that. Hatton>Pascal. And I think Mayweather's win over De La Hoya was a lot better than Hopkins'. De La Hoya was comfortable at 154 and Floyd had to max out his weight to get there. De La Hoya never looked good at 160. A better comparison would be Hopkins' win over Tarver, where he moved up to beat a legitimate champion in his weightclass (I think that's Hopkins' best win).

You're way off on that one. Oscar fought Hopkin's before he retired, he was still a very active fighter at the time. De la Hoya had only fought 6 round's in 3 year's before the Mayweather fight.

Comment

HOP is a dirty fighter and his wins have little value. Mayweather is a far better boxer and in my book, THEY ARE NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Hatton's beaten Tszyu, Collazo, Urango, Lazcano, and Malignaggi.

Pascal's beaten Diaconu and Dawson.

Yeah I'll take beating Hatton over Pascal thus far. Hatton was also undefeated and #8 P4P.
                    who'd hatton beat at 147 and did he look like crap and nearly lost at 147 prior to Floyd? Because you were pointing guy's best weight classes when it came to B-hop opponents but neglected to mention Hatton was out of his best weight class (140). Double standards.

I'll take Hopkins beating the lineal 175 champion in Pascal at age 47 than beating up Hatton anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                      You're way off on that one. Oscar fought Hopkin's before he retired, he was still a very active fighter at the time. De la Hoya had only fought 6 round's in 3 year's before the Mayweather fight.
                      You have no case at all. Oscar looked great against Mayorga and wasn't that old. But that's not the point. Mayweather jumped up to De La Hoya's weightclass. The opposite happened in the Hopkins fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X