No announcement yet.

Cotto calls out Arum for lying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Then don't call him out for a catchweight. Its just generally stupid to think that the biggest moneymaker in the world offered you a fight, at your current weightclass, glove size and all, with your biggest purse. January means nothing, when five months later, the situation was changed and he got the Mayweather fight. So what happened in January is irrelevant, because his stock rose from the Mayweather fight, and if he got the biggest purse of his life in may from Mayweather, along with his desired weight class. Why should he accept that from someone who will bring him less $?

If Mayweather didn't force a catchweight, why should Cotto accept a new one, for less money than he made against Mayweather? Doesn't make sense.

So yeah, Pac is trying to take advantage of him. Hell Roach said that when the first fight was signed, that the catchweight was designed to take advantage. So its not like its an invented excuse, when their own team says that is the point of a catchweight.

Cotto fought Mayweather under ideal terms, Pacquiao should have the wherewithal to come correct. He didn't because he's as aloof and dense as they come, and now he's fighting Marquez, and will look worse off than he already does.

And I realized I butchered the name, too lazy to change and I like that I can pronounce it better under that fake name
    Pac didn't call him out, a challenger/lesser draw calls out the champ/bigger draw. He offered him a fight, at 147, which is not a catchweight, right? So is Cotto taking a fight for more money? No, he's making probably less half of what Team Pac offered.

But I don't care about that, and I don't care about him passing on Pac's offer. I think he painted himself in a real bad light by saying they were trying to take advantage of him for offering something he requested 6 months ago. This is boxing, fights are not made in days, 6 months is nothing. He could have excused himself in any number of ways: leave it at the money was not enough, or he wanted to reward his fans in NYC, a nonstarter for Pac. Or he finally became a full fledged SWW after moving up 2 years ago. Cause he sure wasn't one last year, trying to defend his belt and #1 154 ranking at at 150 with a 160 rehydration limit. Note that he weighed in 159 fight night vs Urkal 5 years ago. Strange how a guy stays level for years across 2 classes, then hits a growth spurt at 31.

Comment

Really, "who cares about the truth"....

1. We know Bob protects his fighters, he's open about it.
      2. We know he lies, he's open about it.

Why is anyone surprised about what Cotto said? :boobies:

Comment

Working...
      X